Now Reality Steps In

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

And now reality sets in. Looking at the remaining schedule there are only 2 games left that we are suppose to win. They are Manningless Colts and the Jaguars. Of course we were supposed to beat the Jags opening day too. Our defense needs so much help. We can’t seem to stop anybody. It is not a “this year problem” either. This problem has been going on for a few years. We do not have enough picks to solve the problems next year so this problem will linger. Serious FA movement is not something our FO seems interested in. Thus it will take a while to put a dominating top 5 D on the field. Looking at our personnel, I am wondering if our coaching staff is beginning to transition us towards a 3-4. What do you guys think?

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Defense looked great during weeks 2-4.

Since then the play calling has been far less aggressive and we're getting taken apart.

The players have shown that they can paly well. It has to becoaching as to why its fallen apart.

3. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

The Titans arent supposed to beat the 2-6 Panthers, even on the road? Really? 2-6? I get your point, but it wont take a while. It can be fixed in 1 off season. The Texans did it. Its a rebuilding year. Its going to be ok.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Since then the quality of the offenses we've played has improved. Yeah, we looked great against some really bad QBs in Joe Flacco, Kyle Orton and Colt McCoy. Who hasn't?

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Lets wait until we play these games before we etch the final schedule. I think we still might get in a few surprise wins.

6. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Looking at our personnel, I am wondering if our coaching staff is beginning to transition us towards a 3-4.

If so, we sure need LB help, huh?

7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

lets lose to the colts if they have a win..... that's a victory in and of itself... pushing them a step back for the suck for luck sweepstakes

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Reality is the biggest, schizophrenic b*tch I know.

9. pettso

pettso Starter

Weren't you the one that said we'd crush the Steelers and Texans too?

Titans are gonna get blown out by the Panthers.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We absolutely squandered a three home game stretch. Now we will play @ Carolina, @ Atlanta, Tampa Bay, @ Buffalo, New Orleans. If we don't win three of those games, we are done. I think the best case scenario is to be 7-6 entering our final three games against the division... and we'd have to win all of those games.

Don't say that... I'm traveling to the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar