Now the Super Bowl officiating makes sense...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

:ha: thats halarious...

but honestly, the officiating was atrocious :sad2:

and so was the game, it just seemed boring to me for some reason...

3. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

yeah i found myself doing laundry rather than paying attention this year

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Something has got to be done to improve the officiating in the NFL. It's ruining the game.

When we see the blown calls during the Titan games, I just chalked it up to the worst officials being assigned to the lower tier games.
    But with all the bad calls we've seen during the Playoffs and the Superbowl itself by what is suppose to be the "best of the officiating crop", anyone can see there is a problem here.

Instant replay was instituted to help, but as we saw in the Colts-Steelers game they even managed to screw that up (Polomalu interception). They actually made the right call in real time, and then overturned the right call after watching it in slow motion from different angles.

I don't know what they can do, maybe simplify the rules, give them more pay and training so they don't have to work a second job.
    They have to become more consistant and better, or the game is going to lose all integrity.

The game is played by great athletes, generates billions of dollars, and the NFL lets the games be run by a group of inept buffons.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I think it's time to use Instant Replay like I saw in the Rose Bowl (?)

where ANY play at ANY time can be signalled for review by someone in the booth. there needs to be a tech crew in the both with all the camera angles avialble for their review

these morons on the field can't see what's going on half the time
    and what they think they see is drastically different from what millions of people with the benefit of multiple angles can see

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

What call do you feel was missed ?

I thought it was called pretty well minus a personal foul penalty and possibly a few holds that I didn't get a look at.

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I actually dont think the officiating was as bad as a lot of Hawks fans do today. I think the ref made the right call on the Ben TD... there wasnt conclusive visual evidence either way, so the call stands. And as much as I think the pass interference call on Jackson was ticky tacky, there was contact. But the illegal block on Hasselbeck was complete crap, the phantom holding call on Sean Locklear that negating the pass to Stevens on the one was crap, and Ben certainly did not get that timeout called before the clock hit zero.

I wouldnt have minded the ticky tack calls so much, except that the Steelers werent getting called for any of theirs.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Great post.
    I agree.

9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Yeah, I thought the OPI in the end zone was crap, but not necessarily a "Blown" call. Sometimes those ticky-tack fouls just get called. The Hasselback thing was ridiculous, and it DID seem the YELLOW flags were out a lot on the 'Hawks, but unlike the AFCC, I didn't think there was any one particular call that was atrocious (sp).

But for a minute there, I almost felt like I was watching a Colts game (except the hometown love was for black-n-gold)

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The officiating was terrible. The steelers safety instigated just as much contact on jackson while jackson was scrambling to get open as jackson did on him. If that call is going to be made, which it shouldnt, it should have been offsetting calls and replay of down. The phantom holding call sucked, especially since Haggans was offsides on the play anyway, and Ben still hasnt gotten in the endzone. And the clock had easily expired before the timeout, Im not sure the seahawks win with the different calls, but they certainly arent beat by 11 and at least have a chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar