Now the Super Bowl officiating makes sense...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

agreed

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=16491

edit: error on my part ... posted incorrect link.
    Sorry Puck. Above is what I meant to post.
    The thread in your quote box is the wrong thread. The answer to your question would be nothing. Nothing at all.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Are you serious?

I hate that ref. Nobody would seem to talk about refs. Refs do this :banned: all the time. I hope you aren't just messing with me.

If it weren't for that guy all those (ref#77 from thread) people in Cleveland would still have their season tickets. Instead, some dip:banned: got to work overtime cleaning up all those stinking beer bottles.

It's a classic case of officiating altering the course of a game. I posted that pic in smack to see if it would get any bites. Sure, Gunny hit it, he'll hit anything...(LOL, not really how that sounds) but I was looking for a story about that peckerhead, and nobody could seem to remember anything at all that he screwed up...strange is isn't it?...because just a few short years ago he was revered among his peers and the League Office, as being one of the finest referees in the gane. (most people know this, including you Puck, but the guy in the WHITE hat is the ref, the others are only judges)...this ref, or if you will...head of the crew...This Terry McAulliffe (sp?) has screwed more pooches than Lassie, Old Yellar, Rin Tin Tin, and Benji put together.

That's all.
    ...plus he talks like a cyborg.

Now go back to talking amongst yourselves...

5. titanjay

titanjay Guest

officiating

Maybe, just maybe, the officials felt like they owed Pitt one after trying to eliminate them from the playoffs vs. Indi????

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

PFT mentioned that the refs might have a grudge against Holmgren for revealing that the zebras made mistakes the game against the Giants.

Me personally, I just think that they're idiots.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bad calls...?

Two of those calls really were not that bad. The call against jackson was probably the wrong call. He did not push off enough to get the flag but it was a tough call. Looking at it in slow motion it doesn't look like much of a push and therefore not a penalty but at regular speed it's not hard at all to understand why the offical called interference. Jackson extended his arms, created substantial distance from himself and the defender so the ref called it.

The rothleisberger TD was a close call that could have gone either way. I thought the ball did just nick the goaline before he was hit. They looked at it close up and in slow motion and concurred. That's the way the system is supposed to work. Right?

Obviously the call against hasselback for a "low block" was not just wrong but strange. All the time we see officals huddle together to correct something like that but there was no such huddle this time. You would think one of the officals would run up and tell the guy who made the call that he was tackling a ball carrier. What the hell was that?

8. Ragevsuall

Ragevsuall Guest

There's apperantly another call that's being disputed now. It was the throw to DJax inside the 2 minute warning of the first half. Hasselbeck threw it and Jackson caught the ball, landed the left foot in bounds and the right foot hit the pylon, then landed out. According to this ESPN article about the rule changes, that should be a TD... "A player will be ruled in bounds if he touches the pylon at the goal line before going out of bounds. For example, a pass would be considered complete if one foot touches the pylon and the other foot is in bounds."

If this is true, and the refs completely forgot the rule, that adds even more shame to an already pitifully officiated game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1354105.html

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

If this was called all the time Michael "thin neck" Irving would have ZERO career catches. That was his only way of getting seperation.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If the defensive back had grabbed the receiver's jersey for that split second to gain leverage, no one would have had a problem with it. He pushed the guy pretty good because the defender fell off balance and had to reset his feet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar