Now what?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

After watching our team for the fourth time in franchise history obtain the best record in the NFL only to choke in the playoffs, it took some time before I could begin to focus on the off season. We have several issues that we need to take care of immediately. We cannot afford to wait!

1. Sign Albert:irked::hmm:
    2. Sign Kerry
    3. Sign Bo
    4. Trade Vince

These thing need to be taken care of immediately. Looking at adding via FA can wait, but these need to be taken care of now. I know the “trade Vince” thing is going to upset a few out there, but we shouldn’t have ever drafted him in the first place. We are paying him way too much money to be a back up QB. In fact, I am not sure he will ever make it as top notch QB in the NFL. Yes his talents (by his legs) can win games in the NFL but his arm will not. I see a position change coming in his future. In fact don’t be surprised if Simms pushes him down to number 3 on our roster. Thus let’s get what we can for him now and move on. KC, Chicago, Minnesota, SF are just a few that could utilize his talents. What do you guys think?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

1. Hayneworth will put himself out on the market. He'd be insane not to.
    2. If Collins will take a two-year deal, then I think he remains a Titan. The issue is that he wants to be guaranteed to be the starter. I think open competition is a must.
    3. Scaife will likely test the market too because he'll think he's worth more than what the Titans will offer.
    4. No one will take Young's contract. He'll be a Titan in '09.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Fat Albert has walked off the field as a Titan for the last time I'm afraid.

If Collins will agree to an equal chance to compete we should bring him back, but we shouldn't guarantee anybody anything.

I don't really care what we do with Scaife as long as we don't overpay. If someone else wants to overpay, let them.

Agree with TJ. VY ain't goin' anywhere just yet.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I really hope we don't lose Scaife.

He's one of the solid pieces to the offense puzzle. I'd hate to turn that into a real ? going into next season.

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I agree about Bo....he has been the only guy who seems to be able to go across the middle and get open with any consistency. Without him the LB's we play could probably just have a seat and a sandwich on passing downs.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Agreed, Bo may be our 2nd best recieving option...makes no sense losing him and having to address that need again in the draft after we already spent a 3rd rounder on Craig Stevens. Give KFC another 1 year deal and let him start.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

1. Definitely. I'm sure that Al will give the Titans every chance to work something out. I've been saying this left and right. It won't be the amount of money (per year) that will be the issue, it will be the length of contract.
    I fear that Al may want a 5-6 year contract whereas the FO will probably not want to go any longer than 2-3 years.
    If he does go to another team with a long contract, that team will surely regret it before too long, as Al may not have even 4 years left in him, I'm a frayed.

2. I agree, but in all honesty, I don't think Kerry is the long term solution. He may do a bang up job for us for another season or two but that may be it.
    I hope and pray to all that is good in this world that Vince gets over himself and starts learning how to read defenses and properly progress through his reads.

3. Absolutely no arguments here.

4. See the last part of number 2. I'm not ready to call it quits on him just yet. I'll give him the equivalent time that Mac9 got before he really started stepping it up. I'm also going to listen to Dingers statement he made earlier before the season started when he said he'd like to work with Vince for two more seasons to see how he progresses. According to that, Vince has one season left to impress Dinger. I'll go with Dinger's opinion on this, since he knows more about Vince than any of you 'experts' on here.
    Plus, if VY is 'Bud's guy', he aint' going anywhere until/unless the HMFIC says so!

5. Sign Fuller. Very underrated and probably one of the best nickel backs in the league. He's also a safety so he could fill in for Griff/Hope if one of those guys goes down.

BJ/Hawk...
    Either cut both of those guys and get bigger/better run blocking receivers, or run more spread offense, start both of them and become a bit more pass oriented.
    I'm ****ing tired of not seeing them on the field when they have more talent than any other WR we have (except maybe Gage).

LenDale...
    I like him and all, and he has mad potential, but Fish needs to levy the same guidelines on him as he did with Mike Williams last year.
    He either needs to lose some weight and get a bit shiftier and hit the hole faster, OR if he's dead set on keeping his weight, practice on becoming a battering ram. Right now he's neither.

8. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

LenDale...
    I like him and all, and he has mad potential, but Fish needs to levy the same guidelines on him as he did with Mike Williams last year.
    He either needs to lose some weight and get a bit shiftier and hit the hole faster, OR if he's dead set on keeping his weight, practice on becoming a battering ram. Right now he's neither.

Is Chris Henry still on our roster or did we flush him? Could he replace the smash game of LenDale while hitting the holes faster?

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The length of the contract is directly tied to the amount of money. There's no way that Albert would take a 2-3 year contract. If he'd settle for 5 I'd be surprised. The team needs all 5 years in order to pro-rate the signing bonus, which is the real number that Albert is looking for. If it was a 2-3 year contract, that bonus would only be 15-18 million. If it's a 5-6 year contract, it's 30 million +.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Apparently the 'holes' that CHen sees, are numbered (meaning the back of the O line's jerseys). haha

I'm curious if the FO has given up on CHen, or if they just wanted to see what LW could do this year before they made a decision to keep him.
    If the do keep CHen, he will need to acquire NFL level vision where a running back is concerned at least by the end of TC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar