O Bennett Where Art Thou

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Slackmaster, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Brown has shown nothing to be optimistic about. He has good speed and knows the scheme and it ends there.

He runs upright at 6'3 which eqauls injuries every year. He isn't pacient with his blocks and goes down fairly easy. His catching is decent but nothing special and thats it. Nothing special or unique about him. He's 26 so what he sucks no offense to Chris but he was never a great back and will never be one. There is a reason he isn't signed yet.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pa...

Over analyze it all you want but chris brown has a career 4.2 ypc. I don't think eddie george ever did that once for a season. We are talking about a 3rd option here assuming that white is not hurt and ready to play and henry is not a total bust. Brown is a better pass receiver than white and might be a better runner than henry and is probably better at pass protection than either. Is there a better option for #3 money? Tell me who.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

How did this thread turn into a Chris Brown Yay Nay thread?
    I thought there was another thread on the front page for that titled: "Titans Still Have Hope for Brown's Return"

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=28671

Good luck in St.Louis Drew. As the article hints, replacing you won't be so difficult since all we have to do is keep passing to one WR like what we've done for you in 06. You were the default in 06, and someone else will inherit that role in 07.

I just hope that WR won't drop as many easy passes.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Just picked up my copy of Pro Football Weekly Season preview mag.

This off-season has seen new head coaches appointed to just under 1/3 of the teams in the league, and some significant moves in free agency and the draft, but apparently the results this season will be almost identical to last year.

In both 2005 and 2006 more than 20 of the 32 teams had a swing in their record of 3 or more wins.

PFW predicts that only 3 teams will have such a big swing this year - Arizona from 8 wins to 5, Detroit from 3 wins to 6, and San Diego from 14 wins to 11.

I know it's the safe thing to do to not be bold with your selections, but the truth is they are no chance of being even close. Just onec, I'd love to see a pre-season magazine go out on a limb and predict the type of swings that will no doubt happen.

Heck, I'll put my neck out there. Detroit will make the playoffs this year. San Diego won't.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I give Detriot a few more years maybe 2 before they are playoff bound. A lot hinges on the development of Drew Stanton and Kevin Jones health. They have the talent at WR obviously so Drew just needs to play solid football and put it in the playmakers hand. Kitna is done after this season and Kevin Jones is a big ? with his health.

Defense is improving for them with Rogers becoming pretty dominant and Redding stepping up big time. Ernie Sims played very well and should improve the secondary as soe young guys but losing Bly doesn't help well see how that comes together.

Sorry if that was totally off topic but......

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pa..

Why would it take long for any team to become competitive? It took the colts one year. They drafted manning in 98, 13-3 in 99. Rams went from the crapper in 98 to the super bowl in 99. Carolina went from 7-9 to the super bowl in 03. happens all the time.

For the lions to make the playoffs requires maybe 2 good players. Young players who come into their own or draft picks who contribute right away. Calvin johnson can certainly take them to a higher level. We know that 8-8 can get you to the post season in the nfc.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I Miss my boy Drew Bennett:cry:

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I never said it takes long to be competetive so where you got that IDK. IMO I think the Lions are a year or two away from a playoff team thats it. You say I over analyze things.

9. Nash

Nash Starter

I have a different way of looking at things.. I look at if we are solid at every position with solid depth at the position.. we are close but we need another DE... possibly Brown...and it would be nice to trade one wr for Mccareins...after that we are ready to play this season out...

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

havent you guys seen coach carter?

so what we lost are two leading offensive producers....i guess we will have 2 new leading offensive prodcucers....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar