O-Line or D-Line?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Not trying to disagree with you but it sounded more to me like Munchak attributes the line's poor play to bad chemistry from not working out together. Didn't really sound to me like he was admitting they did anything wrong. I'm worried that he honestly believes that these same guys will get it together and he won't make a change.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jake Scott is a free agent in March. No way he comes back.

If Scott comes back I'll eat a brick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Way easier to find starting-calibre offensive lineman in the middle rounds (and free agency) than it is to find defensive linemen. Gotta go defense in round 1.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Round 1: Mark Barron S Alabama

Then sign Carl Nicks or Nick Hardwick :brow:

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Can't argue with this much.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

We're here to discuss man. It's all good.

I heard Munch on his radio show and he said that they haven't drafted any o-lineman high since taking Roos and Stewart in the same draft and said they would probably go that route, but not in the 1st. He said in the 1st is where you look to defense to see if you can find a game changer. You're right that he didn't admit fault and say they did anything wrong. But I think he went around that by saying they're planning on drafting some interior o-lineman in the draft.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I actually wouldn't mind trading up a bit to make sure we got a defensive playmaker.

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

no way decastro is there at 20 and i doubt coples(my favorite pick) is their either....i dont think we will draft a safety in the first round either and im curious to see how barron does without the best defense in the country around him too..

im all for trading cj picking up a first and maybe a 4th and grabbing a bruising 3 down back or signing someone like michael bush from oakland and taking a dlineman and wr with our firsts....thats just my wishful thinking....

9. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

the front office should create a list of players in the draft ranked based on their ability, their fit on our team, and our team needs

My preliminary list would look something like this:

1) Decastro
    2) Coples
    3) Ingram/Mercilus
    4) Barron
    5) Konz

Something to keep in mind: Kirkpatrick got arrested on marijuana charges today, so he could potentially fall to us, but it is not very likely

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i wouldnt be mad if had to take janoris jenkins if someone overpaid finny that we couldnt match(something outrageous like 12 million a year)....nothing is wrong with a little bit of weed everyone does it in college haha but jenkins is the best cornerback in this entire draft just falls for marijuana charges...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar