O-Line or D-Line?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

His contract is not as big as people think. He only cost us $3M in 2011, and $8M in 2012. That's easily affordable for teams.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wish we could trade CJ for 3 good picks. If we would of traded him before last year, when he was fighting for a contact, we could of gotten ALOT. But now, RBs are on the down, most teams refuse to spend a 1st on a RB (unless it's a once in a lifetime RB). So why would a team give a 1st for a 26 year-old, struggling RB, with 1,172 career attempts already, and a huge contract?

Nearly impossible to trade CJ. Only person that would of done it recently died (Al Davis). So our only hope is to improve the OL, give CJ some time, and hope he works hard this off-season. If we could get solid 1300+ yard seasons out of him, our team would instantly be 10000x better.

3. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

you dont think fisher would trade for him hahahahahaha

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Johnson and Jackson would be one hell of a 1-2 punch at RB.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

OL or DL? That is a tough decision. I'm honestly torn, which means as long as we pick either I will be happy. Obviously it will depend on what happens in FA, and who is still around with our pick, but just going off of who we have now I would say OL.

If we can fix the OL and get the old CJ back, then have Britt healthy and start Locker, I think we could have a Top 5 offense, and we have seen how the elite offenses like the Pats, Pack, and Saints can make up for a terrible D. And as it stands right now, our D is already better than all those teams. And if our offense is able to sustain drives it will help out the D as well.

While our D wasn't terrible this year, I feel that it is much further away from being a Top 5 Defense than our offense is from being a top 5 O, and it is much better suited right now to play with a high powered offense than to be the type of D you can rely on to win games. Just think about it, our D allows a lot of yards, but not necessarily a ton of points, and they aren't good against the run game. If we have a high powered O, then the opponents won't be able to run as much, and the D giving up FG's isn't so bad either.

I think the pieces are already in place on O for the most part, so we might as well finish putting it together, then start working on the D a little more next year.

6. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

besides both of them have had their fair share of pounding the past couple years and jackson has been beat up constantly over the past couple years...and cj...is cj enough said

7. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

i go with DL just for the fact that the pool at OG is much deeper than DE or DT.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Consider me off the Zach Brown bandwagon(I was never really on it anyway).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbmVlF-oLA8"]Zach Brown vs Missouri 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

9. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

all i got from this video was that he isnt the best in coverage but most linebackers are made to stop the run first anyways and he takes some bad angles at times against speedy receivers....

still got talent but i believe he slides from the fact that there are other linebackers that are better and a bigger need for in my opinion...still a heck of a talent just top 2nd round talent not first round...would i break my tv if we drafted him though? no

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar