Oaktown and Russell?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

What's the latest on this? How long has it been since a number one overall went this late? What are russell's options if he doesn't like offers, could he pull a elway/eli and demand a trade. Can he go back into the draft next year?

2. For him to take a year off like that would just be stupid.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Another proof-of-point that the NFLs draft system SUCKS.

4. Nine

Nine Starter

I applaud Al Davis for refusing to mortgage his team's salary cap for an unproven and risky pick.....and I hope they never do reach an agreement with Russell.

Having the #1 overall pick go unsigned is exactly the sort of thing that would force the NFL to limit the ridiculous salary demands of these top draft picks.

5. abt1967

abt1967 Guest

Don't teams pay unproven athletes every year? Why not pay JR? If they never reach an agreement, this only strengthens the players because now there is the real threat my #1 overall pick will not report unless the contract is in order.

6. mdfan

mdfan Starter

With the Raiders O-Line Russell will also be incurring some risks if he signs

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Russell is greedy and not helping himself. Doesn't he want something like 40 million guaranteed? Without taking a snap in the NFL that's awhole lot of money. I guess on potential it's worth it. HA. He could be the next Ryan Leaf.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Having a slotted salary for the rookies is one of the most sensible suggestions I've heard of lately. Why should a franchise be held hostage by an unproven rookie? They could simply not draft them, but then you could get a situation like the Texans were with Reggie Bush.

I believe the owners and NFLPA should work together to set up the slots. One of the concessions the owner's should make is no contracts longer than 4 years. It seems to me that would avoid these expensive and cap consuming rookie busts.

9. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

I see pro's and cons to both sides

raiders dont wanna pay an unproven talent abunch of money and i dont blame them.

russel wants the money other 1st round picks have got and i dont blame him.

but i think russell needs to get on the field.

10. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

not for russell. even if he busts, hes gonna get a crapload of money.

yay 300 posts Im so happy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar