Observations: Fire Fisher Now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

First off it's too early to say anything about Kiffin. Secondly Cowher lost a Superbowl before he won one and thirdly were one of the best teams in the NFL. What's wrong with Fisher? We have played 1 game and you want to get rid of him, makes zero sense. Besides, what if the guy you get isn't any good? You don't change coaches when you have a Superbowl contender, that would be madness.

2. ben4titans

ben4titans Camp Fodder

You need to read my post again. My reaction wasnt based on one game. There is plenty of history to draw on. Also I didnt say make the change NOW...I said it would probably be best when the Collins era ends at QB...because that will probably coincide with our current window closing.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

And there's just as much history to draw on that says firing Fisher would be stupid.

4. ben4titans

ben4titans Camp Fodder

I agree. It wouldnt be an easy firing. But you have to ask yourself. Do you have faith that Jeff Fisher can lead us to and win us a Super Bowl? I honestly do not think he can. And if the answer is no you have to move on even if it means the next guy isnt the answer either. Doesnt mean he isnt a good coach or hasnt done good things for this organization. I appreciate/respect Jeff and all he has done. He has a system that wins a lot of games when he has the right players to run it. But he has one AFC trophy to show for all those wins.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I get where he is coming from. But bottom line is that Fisher is way too conservative. We have weapons. Any other coach would open up the playbook. Not fisher. I like him alot and i still think he is a good coach. But i must admit that i am very interested in seeing a coach with a new philosophy would use us. When you have a rb whose the fastest man on the field, the best o line in football, and reliable wrs and even a some great te's. With one of the best D's in the league. That sounds like a championship caliber team. It is, but i have yet to see us play like one.

6. Smitty46953

Smitty46953 Starter

Just had to stop over and enjoy all the pain and suffering I knew would be here...

I actually thought your Titans D looked great... Not to sure I would be firing your coach just yet... :grrhee:

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Considering we were 1 broken tackle away from winning a Superbowl yea I'd say he can. I still thought we had the best team last year and we gave it away. It wasn't Fisher fumbling on the goal line.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

You don't get it, he's saying that if we had different coaches, then maybe that fumble wouldn't have mattered because we would have more points. A coach who would try to light up the scoreboard. I honestly would rather lose by an int on the game winning drive, the settling for 3, then putting our already exhausted defense back on the field. We lose like this because our d line is exhausted and the qb can extend the play. When the play is extended it is very difficult to cover a wr because he is just running around, rather than a planned route.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

HeadOnASwivel, you are the stereotypical Titans fan.

The one who cries after every loss. The one who cannot accept defeat. The one who cannot recognize that this is ONE ****ING GAME!!! The one who thinks we suck after losing in overtime to the world champions.

Yea, that's you.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. ben4titans

ben4titans Camp Fodder

He was also one play away (music city miracle) from never making a Super Bowl and having a really bad playoff record. You can pick plays here and there till the cows come home and at the end of the day it is what it is. Like I say at this point the sample size is large enough.

The "it wasnt the coach that missed the field goal, got picked or made a fumble" is such a lame response/excuse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar