Observations: Fire Fisher Now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Fisher is a very good coach. So was Marty Schottenheimer....:rolleyes:

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Don't worry...these are posts that come along every year...I don't believe anyone takes them seriously and am constantly amazed at the number of posts they generate.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Yeah, I was, too. I was agreeing with you. Sorry I didn't make it clear.

What is you definition "opening the playbook"? We took several shots down field. Didn't we throw the ball 35 times? You want us to throw it 50 times and never run the ball?

Marty's Charger teams were way better than Turner's Charger teams.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Don't forget the website that was created a few years ago in Fisher's honor:

www.firecoachfisher.com or something like that.

:ha:

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I might not post in these forums during the season if this is how some of our punk fans act. I enjoyed posting a lot during the offseason, but so far everyone just talks about how much we suck instead of how badass our team is, and how there are 15 games left!

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I remember fans complaining here because the Titans didn't win games by enough points back in '99 and 2000.

:ha:

7. iQon

iQon Starter

Ridiculous.

Fire Fisher and we go through 5 more coaches in the next decade. This team is built around him, and there isn't another coaching staff that would turn the roster into a perennial offensive threat. That would take years of rebuilding to accomplish and I honestly feel more comfortable winning in January with Fisherball then having Drew Brees, every season. Some of you need to quit having knee jerk reactions. There isn't a better coach for us. We should have won that game, but we didn't. 15 winnable games to go. We'll see Pittsburgh again in a few months.

8. ben4titans

ben4titans Camp Fodder

We can talk about how awesome we are and how awesome it is to have the best regular season record and then console each other with excuses after we get knocked out of the playoffs early. Because obviously we are awesome and if not for a few bad plays we would have won our 3rd make believe Super Bowl.

9. ben4titans

ben4titans Camp Fodder

What do we have to show for the past decade? An AFC championship trophy? Also you have no clue if there is another coaching staff who could do better. It sure took years for Mike Smith to build the Falcons into a playoff team with a rookie QB. How long was he coaching with Atlanta...had to have been a decade. How about Harbaugh with Baltimore who beat the vaunted Fisher even though Fish had the better team? The list goes on and on.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

What do we have to show? Well I'm a fan of a team that will step on the field every Sunday and compete with anybody in league, and they usually win. I'm a fan of a team that I can take pride in. I don't take that for granted. I don't have to wear a paper bag over my head like Raiders or Lions fans. That means something to me.

You don't have a clue if another coaching staff could do better either. You mentioned two that were successful, but you leave out the dozens that weren't. Crennel, Mangini, Kiffin, Marinelli, Edwards, Zorn, Cameron, Shell, Nolan, Petrino.....the list goes on and on and on.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar