Observations: Fire Fisher Now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iQon

iQon Starter

Thank you. The list DOESN'T go on. The turnaround Atlanta, Miami and Baltimore had last year was a rarity. Success is even more scarce with a rookie coach.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Harbaugh the first rookie coach to even win a playoff game? What are the odds any of those coaches will even have a measly Conference Championship to "show for" their career 15 years from now when they've been long gone from those franchises? Pretty low. THAT list will go on.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpowxGfVFE

at least he didn't call heads and say "We want the ball and we're gonna score!" :ha:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I have always been the biggest supporter or Coach Fisher, and while this loss is not the end of the world for us, I am really disappointed in our Coaches.

Even after all the missed FGs and sorry defensive calls, we were in a position to win this game. Yet we failed miserably. We still had 0:50 left on the clock and we just sat on it. WTF?

And sure the missed FGs and bad execution are not a coaching problem, the proof is in the pudding. I'm not saying that Coach Fisher should be fired or that there is a more worthy coach available to replace him, I'm just referring to his record. Just over .500, 1 Super Bowl appearance, and zero rings in 15 years.

He's been given plenty of time to make something happen and just can't. That Bud Adams sure is a loyal guy to Fisher.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

fifty seconds is just enough time to force something into a turn over and then give them a fg try in regulation. They were backed up on something like the 2 yard line. That's no place to be taking a safety or something with a tie score. Anyone is better off playing for ot there.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I didnt know we played in OT, i thought it was just the steelers doing some training.

at least thats what it looked like. Collinsworth was pretty much laughing at the Titans for not blitzing late in the game. He said the Titans are set on Rushing 4 no matter what.

And i think thats what happened last night, Chuck was proving we are going to rush 4 even if we lose. I hope they watch the game tape and change their ways of thinking.

Cause Manning and Brady will be balling.

6. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

Oh doom and gloom! We lost to the defending champs by 3 points! There goes our 19-0 season, c'mon fair weather fans lets get off this crazy bandwagon!!! Fire the coach! Cut Kerry Collins! Put Vince in the wildcat!

HAHAHAHAHA You guys make me laugh...

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Bull. The coach coaches, the players execute. And if your going to look at the playoff record I don't think the sample is as big as you think. I don't blame Fisher for our last 2 playoff losses at all. The game against the Chargers we were just so overmatched by a much better team and the Ravens as I said we killed our on drives with turnovers. Your failing to explain what would be solved by getting rid of Fisher. You assume the offense is going to be better, well maybe it would be worse. Your not making a strong case.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Unless you are stupid enough to believe that Fisher told Bironas to miss the FG or Collins to throw an INT, it's on the players to execute the plays.

9. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I agree with you. While we had a very good team to play in their stadium, I thought the zebras were fair, except for the no call on hitting a defenseless receiver if ours in the end zone.

Close games happen. But through the years it seems our coaches don't do everything they can to make it more in our teams favor. Last night was definitely one of those types.

You can say the blocked kick was not their fault. After the one blocked in the preseason, I would have figured that the coaches started to drill them incessantly to help insure the unlikely event of this recurring.

And you have just got to hate that prevent or semi prevent, whatever.
    With a blitz, Pits might have a big play. But there was none tried when needed, or nothing effective. Its as if the coaches thought, man we will get an interception.

I like the take chances method when things are not working. There are other things , most have been stated previously.

We have a good team and it could be our last year for a while to have a good team. Maybe not.

We will more than likely win a few games, maybe a lot.We will not be as consumed by Titans M.O. while we win. But sooner or later it will probably happen again and the debate will continue.

WE have some great players that play to win. All teams do. A lot of it is on the caches, when they rest players, the time outs they use. Even putting in some tall players (I will not name players cause I will have to defend them and I hate to type so much.)

Anyway, lets hope the coaches had good reasons for doing what they did, that we may never know.

I did like the fact Jeffs post game included a few players names and mistakes they made. Sometimes its necessary. Sometimes though, coaches maybe should look within themselves.

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I don't get how all the sudden our special teams is this big of a joke. Ok so we lost Carr, got it. So why does our coverage suck balls? It's mostly the same guys from the last few years, true? Why does Bironas all the sudden suck too? Blocks and misses in preseason carry over, so much for "preseason doesn't mean anything".

Why does our ST line all the sudden let two blocks happen in 3 games? I can't remember the last time we had more than one block in a season, much less 3 games. I just don't get how the special teams can fall apart this quick when it's essentially the same guys minus a returner.

And another thing, we are going to regret cutting Trepasso I guarantee that. Craig only has 2 years at the most left, we could have kept AJ on the practice squad or something, just keep him on the damn team until Craig retires or leaves. Trepasso has good leg and would be willing to do trick plays unlike Craig currently..but whatever, Lord Fisher won't have any of that..he'd rather keep Paul Williams and Chris Henry on the PS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar