Observations from Monday’s OTA

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans returned to the practice field on Monday for their seventh organized team activity of the offseason. They’ll practice three more times this week before a three-day minicamp next week.

Some observations from Monday’s session:

—Quarterback Jake Locker connected with wide receiver Nate Washington on a nice throw across the middle. Washington had to leave his feet to get it, and made an impressive catch. They hooked up again later. Washington is having a solid offseason.

—Running back Chris Johnson looks to be in great shape and is showing great explosion.

—Fullback Collin Mooney took reps with the first team again on Monday in Quinn Johnson’s absence. Mooney made a catch on his back.

—Defensive tackle Stefan Charles isn’t making many friends on the offensive line. The physical Canadian got under guard Kasey Studdard’s skin. Charles, an undrafted free agent, has been ticking off a lot of guys.

—Colin McCarthy continues to work behind Moise Fokou at middle linebacker, but he’s making strides in coming back from ankle surgery. McCarthy let a Pick-6 slip through his hands, however.

—Wide receiver Michael Preston is benefiting from rookie Justin Hunter’s absence because of a hamstring injury. Preston is a tall receiver who can go up and get the football, and he did just that in the end zone on a throw from Ryan Fitzpatrick.

—Second-year pro Scott Solomon, who has been getting reps at linebacker, blew past a blocker into the backfield.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Charles is going to trash talk his way into the CFL, it looks like

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol Charles just playing the game. I like to hear players with a chip.

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

In OTAs? When you are fighting for a roster spot?

Causing team friction in OTAs is never a good thing. It isn't just intensity if it is pissing his teammates off.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I think it's natural. Listen to the coaches. Seems like that's what they want as well. Williams has said time and time again, never apologize for competing. If he's getting under their skin it's either because he beat them and told them so, or he's a whiny *****... I'm guessing he's beating them.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

That's when you get it in!!

I remember getting my hands on my 1st defender in college. I drove him out of bounds and slammed him into the defense on the sidelines. Yea I got jumped by the defense after I slammed him, but I won the respect of the offensive guys and the respect of the coaching staff.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He's hungry!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Good to hear that :cj: is in good shape for a change. Hopefully this bodes well for a big season. Will also be curious to see if Mooney wins a roster spot this year.

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

He has only been out of shape one time in his career!

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

:cj: has only been horribly out of shape one time in his career.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar