October is the critical month...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We are sitting at 1-3 which is exactly where I thought we would be at this point.

The teams we have lost to are all very good teams. Cincy is undefeated. Dallas is showing that their OL can dominate other teams just like it did ours. Indy although 2-2 is a very good team.

October is the make or break month for our season. We have the Browns, Jags, Skins in our next 3 games. They are a combined 2-9. Then we get the Texans at home with the return of Fitz.

No games are easy in the NFL, but this is the part of our schedule were we need to find some rhythm/identity on both sides of the ball. If we are going to prove to be at least a mediocre team then we have got to go at least 3-1 in Oct.

If we can end Oct. with a 4-4 record and our bye coming up then that will be what I would have expected at the start of the season.

Sept. is behind us. Now let's go win Oct.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

This is the month we go Winless 4 Winston.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Troll Troll x 1
  3. wknewberry

wknewberry Camp Fodder

Dude...While I love your optimism...We're a bad team right now. I agree with you that we got beat so far by good teams...no one will deny that. However October will put us against teams that may not be top tier NFL talent but they still are probably better than us. Cleveland has lost a few close ones and Hoyer is only getting better. Jacksonville will continue to improve with Bortles in there and Washington BARELY lost to Philly. Granted Cousins looked like a joke last week...I think he is a good QB and i'd wager we won't see a show that bad from him again.

It's reasonable to assume that for whatever reason Whiz will continue to rely on Greene as opposed to Sankey...Locker will heal up again and we'll continue down the road we're on.

Don't get me wrong...I'd love nothing more than Locker to come out guns blazing...Sankey to break 1000 years...Hunter to catch every ball thrown in his direction...Walker to be a pro bowler...and Whiz to win coach of the year.......

But we all know that ain't going to happen.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

We need Winston! At least give us some hope and excitement again.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  5. wknewberry

wknewberry Camp Fodder

Winston isn't excitement...he's a liability. Mariota is excitement. He is a class act and he has been remarkably successful.

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Mariota...Winston...either way well be right back playin the qb lotto in five years

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We didn't just lose we got blown out by those teams. Every phase of the game including coaching is out of sync.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Does Winston also run down field 20-yards and catch the football after he throws it?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

October is certainly a more important month of football than September is, youre right about that.

And looking ahead it is the month to make the most of our season, as you said, we're heading into a stretch of the season vs opponents with a combined 2-9 record. If we can't capitalize on October we should all stop watching cause its probably over. November looks brutal.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Keep losing for Mariota lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar