Odd question...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Titanup1982, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Jazz would've been cool imo

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Nine

Nine Starter

I also recall a movement to try and tie the team in with Tennessee's longstanding musical tradition. One suggestion I found particularly awful was the "Hound Dogs".....an weak attempt at connecting with the whole Elvis Presley thing.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Way too Memphis of a name for a team playing outta Nashville.. And Elvis was from Mississippi to boot.. Copperheads might have been good (without that silly orange getup). With towns that are famous for Blues and Country there's no way a team in TN could go with Jazz as a name. As Nashville is the "Athens of The South" The Titans makes sense - though I'm sure the rest of the state would not agree - and the rest of the country would have no clue about the Athens reference.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Titans was the best choice in the end. Strong and long lasting name.

I think I could have lived with Copperheads too. The rest are duds.

6. Fletch02

Fletch02 Mama Titan

I know one was the TN Tornados or TN Twisters....also heard "Copperheads"......

7. Fletch02

Fletch02 Mama Titan

Oops.......guess I should've read the other posts first....you guys had already mentioned copperheads.:facepalm: Sorry!

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Those names are all pretty awful. One thing I was kinda hoping for, in one of the NFL Quarterback Club games for N64 there was a create a team named the Titans with a logo of this gold statue holding up the world, I always thought it looked really cool. Once I heard Tennessee would be called the Titans I was hoping they would buy that logo or use something like it, but I'm OK with the logo we have now.

9. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

I'm sure the 'Tennessee Kings' was suggested at some point. Another weak attempt at trying to link Elvis, I imagine.

10. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

The Copperheads was one of the top choices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar