Off B. Jones Website

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LT21Titans27, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reo

reo Starter

ya never know what teams might be willing to offer up :))

2. Young54

Young54 Starter

Jones wont get cut. the only reason p.williams is still around is b.c fisher doesnt want to admit he made a mistake drafting him so high. hes a bum

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ealy is safe. Completely. As for "remember the colts game", yes. I do. I also remember every other receiver we have dropping a crucial pass. Meanwhile, I don't think Williams can make those catches either...from the bench. That's the only place he'll be.

4. reo

reo Starter

if that's what you chose to believe. That's your prerogative.

imo jones is in a lot of trouble.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

"I've been hearing from a lot of people," is such a great argument. I think I'll just start agreeing with anything you say, Reo... You're totally right, our opinions on what we've seen from these young players mean nothing, compared to your "people". I'm impressed, you know people.

If I hear it from a coach, a scout, or a writer, I'll pay some attention to it. But your reports from the crazy janitor aren't buying you anything with me. Feel free to keep believing what you believe, but don't try to sway people on here with ambiguous references to "people".

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Nine

Nine Starter

I agree that BJones is very much on the bubble.....but unlike the majority of posters, I don't think it has anything to do with the drop against Indy.

When healthy, Brandon has been a solid, reliable target. Look at him down the stretch in '06: three times in a five week period, he caught TD's to either tie the game or give the Titans the lead late in the 4th quarter. By season's end, he was becoming Vince's go-to guy.

He even played well at the beginning of '07. Of course, all anybody wants to remember is the drop, but he had some very nice catches in that same game. Heck, his TD against the Saints was arguably the best play made by a Titans WR all year long. Overall, he was quite solid...right up until he hurt his knee early in the Falcons game. He just wasn't the same after that.

Brandon's biggest problem is his inability to play hurt. In the NFL, guys play with sprains and strains every week...they just have to fight through it. Unfortunately, when Brandon gets dinged, it directly affects his performance, and he's basically invisible until he gets healthy again.

I think this more than anything will determine his future with the Titans. If he can stay relatively healthy through camp, then he has a fair shot at making the roster. It might be even better if he can get dinged up but still play well, just to prove he can do it.

But this is his fourth year in the league. If the coaching staff still sees him as a guy who gets slowed by injuries, then they may very well be ready to move on.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

It's all speculation at this point. Now, we all know reo's anonymous tips aren't an end all be all, but they are just what everything else is, speculation. At the worst, he's making it up, at the best, he's got something. Most likely, it's specualtion.

8. reo

reo Starter

its very possible that he's safe. Personally I like Ealy and I'd like it if he made it but the resemblance to Roby from last year is definately there so I can't agree that he's "completely" safe. Him getting cut is a possibility imo.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm fine with speculation. I was a HUGE supporter of Bongo when he used to post on here. (if you don't know who he was, I or someone else will be glad to fill in) My problem is how vague the info is, combined with the certainty of what's going to happen. I have no problem with people telling their view of something "behind the scenes". Elfin does the same thing, she just usually provides personal information about team members rather than on-field stuff. However, third-hand accounts of the opinion of "people" annoy me. Either be specific with what you can and can't say, but beating around the bush and trying to claim superiority is silly at best.

10. reo

reo Starter

when did i claim superiority? i'm not responsible for what you infer.

i've said repeatedly what i've heard. Mike Williams and Paul Williams have looked really good so far. People have consistently put paul's name on the probably cut list based on the fact that they don't know anything about him. People consistently put Mike's name on the cut list based on his history. And in response to that I say that the people i know that've seen them have said that they've done really well and impressed so far. Take it for what its worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar