Off-season grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Even crazier than draft grades but here goes:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfloffseasonreportcardgr&prov=tsn&type=lgns

We get a C-

"Tennessee Titans. Guard Jake Scott was a nice addition as a replacement for Jacob Bell, but the Titans gambled on defensive end Jevon Kearse, tight end Alge Crumpler and wide receiver Justin McCareins."

It makes no mention of the lack of talent available in our need positions and to locking up the OTs with extensions.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Well you figure we gambled 3 times one of those bets has to pay off right?

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I have to agree TJ. I was initially very down on our off-season, primarily because we didn't add "A" grade talent AND we had not signed our "A" players to extensions. We did sign Roos and Stewart (A-/B+) and it appears we aren't going to make a real effort to sign AH until mid-season (a move I agree with). The Pacman trade was a fiasco that IS going to bite us in the azz- especially since we are so thin at CB.

So I'd say a C to C+ for our off-season with the Stewart and Roos signings.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I've become happier than I was, mostly because of both of the contracts for Roos and Stewart. But I'm glad that we kept Gage, even though we didn't really add that much otherwise. Big name moves rarely impress me, and I'm glad that we didn't run out and spend, because now we're investing in several people I really like. If we get a deal worked out with Albert before the end of the season, I'll be very happy with the direction of the team. The only thing that really confused me was the first round of the draft. But if CJ comes out with some fancy tricks with his speed, I'm ok with it.

I'd go B-, though I know I'm a homer. I was thrilled with the trade of Pacman.

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

B+. We did not spend stupid money, we added some good players in the draft, we added talent at a good price, and we extended our Ts.

Edit: We brought back Dinger! Best move of our offseason.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

c we didn't get better and we'll have to wait and see if we got worse.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

C+

Not any better and mild upgrade at WR. Dinger will help though.

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i give it a c+/b-

signing crumpler was great... everbody else was ok for now (we'll see when the season starts)
    the draft wasn't anything people go crazy over, though it seems our front office thinks they won the lottery

losing pacman hurts this secondary (and possibly our punt returns)for about 5 years... but we showed we could win without him.

the only thing that really upset me was a lack of effort to go after j. vilma. he would fit perfect here, was an all-pro, is young, and would have been cheap.

i also would have like to have seen a push for one of the big DT's as insurance for when big al goes down.

9. DRAY

DRAY Camp Fodder

Sadly it is not going out on a limb to predict Fat Albert getting hurt. You are absolutely correct, we could certainly use another big guy up front.

Maybe Franchising him will motivate him to stay in shape (at least by his standards) and he won't miss more then a game or two this season. We were a sad looking defense when he was on the sidelines last year.

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

The formula for these is simple. Spend money and you get a good grade, don't and you do not unless you have a "great" draft. Does not make it right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar