** Off-Season Plan Thread **

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Bored at work, so I did another. Little different than most of mine mocks.

Cuts:
    Chris Johnson
    David Stewart
    Craig Stevens
    Kamerion Wimbley
    Ryan Fitzpatrick

Resign:
    Pollard
    Verner

Free agents:
    Brian Orakpo (OLB)
    Cam Thomas (NT)
    Zach Strief, Eric Winston, or cheaper vet (2yr stopgap)
    (cheaper replacement for Stevens)
    (cheaper replacement for Fitz)

Draft:
    *Tradeback*
    #11 for #17 & #48
    Ravens trade up for a WR

1st (BAL) - CJ Mosley, MLB, Alabma
    2nd (TEN) - Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame
    2nd (BAL) - Ka'Deem Carey, RB, Arizona
    4th (TEN) - AJ McCarron, QB, Alabama
    5th (TEN) - Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6th (TEN) - Ryan Carrethers, NT, Arkansas St
    7th (TEN) - Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma

This time we really shake it up. First we cut 5 'key' members to last year team. We bring back both Verner (hopefully a deal like McCourtys) & Pollard (3yr, 2-3mil per). With all these cuts, we have some money to spend, and we spend it on Brian Orakpo. We then pickup a potential starting NT & RT for cheap and depth at TE & QB. I'm too lazy to run the #s, but we have money for this, GMs know how to work deals to make anything work. Just don't overpay to much, eventually Wright, Casey, etc will need new deals.
    For the draft we trade back to pickup additional picks and take Mosley. I'm iffy on Mosley, as he struggles to get off blocks. Lets see how he looks in the combine however, because he has the athletic and mental ability to be great. Tuitt pairs w/ Casey as starting DE, which is a freak duo. Carey pairs w/ Greene for our run game. McCarron battles w/ Locker for a starting job. Henderson in the running for starting RT. Carrethers is unknown, from Nashville, big guy 6'2 330 and should provide depth at NT. Colvin was once a 2nd-3rd rounder, but tore his ACL in the senior bowl. We place him on the IR, then next year have basically a 2nd-3rd rounder for free.
    We now have a nasty defense, front 7 looks like:
    ------------- Casey ----- Thomas ------ Tuitt --------------------
    -- Ayers ---------Mosley --------Brown/McCarthy --------Orakpo ---
    Talk about a nasty defense.

...man 3:30 can't come soon enough,. so bored.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

True.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Please dear god no Tiny Richardson. I would like to be completely done with him.

4. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I'm swooning over this. Nice!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

since no one else has brought it up yet would you guys consider trading our 7th round pick to the dolphins for jonathan martin, we would lose our 7th but we could gain a player that was a starter and is only going into his 3rd year of his career. i know many will say he can be had after he releases but i think if he gets released he will go to another team where as if we give up a 7th we can get him via trade and how many 7th round picks really turn out to be studs for us, so we wouldnt be losing that much

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Do NOT re-sign:
    RB Jackie Battle
    WR Kenny Britt
    DT Antonio Johnson
    WR Marc Mariani
    C Kevin Matthews
    OT Mike Otto
    QB Rusty Smith
    C Chris Spencer
    DT Kurt Taufa’Asau
    C/G Rob Turner
    WR Kevin Walter
    RB+Leon Washington
    WR Damian Williams

Re-Sign: Verner mega-deal, Pollard, Pitoitua

Extend: Casey

Cut: CJ & Wimbley

Note: there are OT options if we cut Stewart.

Free agents:
    RB McFadden; or cheap old vet like A.Bradshaw or R.Mendenhall. do-not-overspend. just someone to take carries from Greene.
    WR/KR Dexter McCluster for a trickster type player.

ILB Karlos Dansby - WANT, I would spend the money for him.
    OLB Payrs Haralson - just solid, would be good for right price and length.
    ILB Brandon Spikes- looks like $12 million for 2 years is good rough estimate. Good in run support but sucky in coverage. Another LB option.
    DT BJ Raji - right price, needs motivational contract with incentives.
    DT Terrance Cody or DT Ziggy Hood on redemption 1-year type deal, easy to cut pre-season if it doesn't work out.

Note: thinking Dansby + one of the other LBs and 2 of the DT/DEs I listed, not thinking of signing all 6 players.

Draft:
    1st round: Anthony Barr or Khalil Mack OLB. That's my hope for now.
    2nd round: Jimmy Garopollo (may need to use 4th round to trade up and guarantee drafting him, I would.)

That's the basic outline of my plan for now.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

FA:

Damian Williams WR
    TJ Ward SS
    Brandon Spikes ILB
    Darren McFadden RB Would love Jennings or Blount but I think they get resigned
    Terrance Cody NT
    Bargain bin guys to fill holes

Cut:

Craig Stevens
    Chris Johnson Unless he restructures
    David Stewart
    Moises Fokou
    Kam Wimbley Unless he restructures
    Ryan Fitzpatrick

Draft:

1. Greg Robinson Auburn OT
    2. Lamarcus Joyner FSU CB/S
    4. Aaron Murray Georgia QB
    5. Brent Urban Virginia DE
    6. De' Anthony Thomas Oregon RB
    7. OLB/TE take your pick

We need a T so F those who say an OL two years in a row is a bad idea look at the 49ers. Robinson is a beast and can start at RT until Roos is done on the blindside. Joyner is my man crush of the draft and can play CB or S. Murray is a flier that could pay dividends, Urban is a Brett Keisel clone and Thomas gives us a Danny Woodhead type back to play with and be a change of pace and return guy.

This is way early but I'm bored and can't sleep.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Way too many people wanting to draft Tiny Richardson from UT (not necessarily just in this thread, but in all the posts on this forum). I'm assuming if you put him in a mock to us you must be a UT fan, or at least an SEC fan (I am myself). But did you see how awful he was this year? I mean just because he's a player at a position of need from your favorite college team does not mean he's a good fit or will be a good pro. I was REALLY surprised he didn't stay for his senior season.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't think I want the media attention

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

for a starting caliber tackle that may only need a change of scenery? watch him go to the colts or something and dominate again...even for the media attention i would still take a flyer on him....low risk high reward type deal there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar