Offense Has Got To Improve For This Team To Win Games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Sure this team has faced the top defenses in the league this past few weeks but we have a great defense as well thats being wasted because our offense can't produce.

1.Run game is a big reason we are coming up short.A good defense and run game can win games but while we have the defense we aren't doing anything with the run.

2.Offensive line seems to be having issues and they were suppose to be one of the bright spots on the roster.Not sure if its just Rob Turner or the line is getting older but these guys must do better.

3.QB play and its obvious since Locker has been injured that Fitzpatrick is not doing a good job at all in his absence.If there were any questions about Fitzpatrick being better than Locker before the season those questions have been answered the past couple weeks loud and clear.In the offseason either through the draft or free agency we need a new backup.

4.This team is once again one of the worst in the league when it comes to three and outs and trying to extend drives.We are going to have to start moving the ball better.We are wasting a good defense by once again keeping them on the field too long and thats got to change.

5.Changes will have to start coming down sooner or later because its obvious things are not working on offense and thats especially true for the line which has been a huge disappointment so far.I expect to see Turner replaced by Schwenke if things don't change.

6.The return game is not doing that well this season either and it seems like Reynaud has a habit of getting us pinned down deep in our own territory and for an offense that is already having problems moving the ball thats not good.

7.The defense has done a good job of keeping us in games but sooner or later there is going to be a time when the defense needs the offense to come up with something to keep us going.While the defense has been doing a good job you have to wonder if they are getting discouraged by the lack of progress on offense.

8.Bruce Matthews might need some help coaching that line and he needs to be held accountable and do something to light a fire under the line because they must play better.Someone needs to call him out and let him know that for a hall of fame lineman he sure could have that unit playing better.

9.Offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains needs to be a bit more creative with the playcalling.We also need to figure out more creative ways to use Chris Johnson he has shown he is dangerous if he has space to make plays.Not sure why they can't come up with some special plays to do these things.Also we need to get Justin Hunter more involved in the offense.

10.Locker needs to work really hard on getting back because they need him.He also needs to shake off the rust quickly because we can't afford to drop any games going forward after the bye.I think Locker could do things like get a strength coach or someone to help him get his body stronger because for whatever reason he can't seem to withstand the hard hits and punishment thats a part of the game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Pretty much :)

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

convert 3rd downs, play smart football and get in the end zone. Above all else, protect the dam football!!!!!!! 2 hands on the football and fitz has to be smart with the football, throw to guys in two toned blue not red and gold. I get so nervous when he throws the ball.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Haha gotta love Mike and his obvious thread titles

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. JCBRAVE

Easiest fix is for Loggains dumb ass to wake up and stop calling these BULL CHIT plays. What is he Chris Palmers son?

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Me too. I brace myself everytime he tries to throw it deep. I honestly didn't know that he was as bad as he has been for us. I wish we'd just run the ball every damn down.

7. JCBRAVE

Brett Kern will get really tired

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

his throws are all over the place, behind the wr and down towards the ground preventing them from YAC. YAC is extremely important to winning games and if we can't get any YAC because of his throws we are in trouble. He needs to hit a wr in stride! Would be nice to see

9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

All pretty obvious points. Zero run game, interception machine at QB, can't move the chains or take advantage when the defense has given them PLENTY of opportunities to win these games. I was hoping Fitz could be a "game manager" and move the ball and at least get a few field goal drives each game... Who thought the D would be the bright spot and keeping the Titans in every game so far?! The Titans would have 2 ore wins with even DECENT offense.

Its frustrating to watch the defense give us the ball back time after time and the offense just crumbles again and again. The "dominant" O-line is a huge weakness so far. A lot of fans were calling for Lockers head before the season, now we are missing the fire he was putting in the offense. Especially considering how he was playing the last few weeks before the injury.

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Well it looks like the coaching staff is willing to acknowledge Turner is not getting the job done.If Fitzpatrick can win this game it would definitely help us going into the bye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar