Offense moving forward....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

we should have taken him and let them compete. mariota has seen his best days. he's a glorified game manager at best that is struggling at being leader and his redzone play is now the worst in the nfl. Coaches and defenses have figured him out.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 2
    • Troll Troll x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

casseL only wishes this was true...

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Ol'DW braggin' about chatting up chicks at a boy band show

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Ah Cassel, dude did get robbed on the bogus PI call in Miami, that was a TD that got erased. Unfortunately that one throw took and drained all his strength but it was a good toss! He was gassed after that. Arm was shot. If he had a little bit left in the tank, maybe we could have mustered some yards and points to win?

5. kenny

kenny Starter

Last year MM8 was the 3rd best QB in the red zone overall for the entire season. Wentz is 4th 7 games into the season. Let's see where he is at the end of the season. He has a better system & coaching; so he should be better. Let's see if he can maintain it for an entire season as MM8 did......

This year; every DC in the league has figured out Mularkeys' predictable scheme. They have adjusted; and Marcus cannot do anything about his HC. Only an idiot would suggest a QB can/will overrule the HC. Especially when said HC was part of the requirement to be the GM here. At this point Mularkey has more power than the GM. How can anyone logically expect a VERY young QB to overrule the guy with more pull over the owner than the GM..... Get real w/ that crap. He is barely out of school. He is not trying to stand up to his HC. He SHOULD NOT be trying to; he should be trying to learn. If you cannot support this young promising QB you really have bigger issues as a fan. This guy has been good for this team. We haven't had a real QB in FOREVER....

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  6. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Mularkey is the ultimate guru in creating a glorified game manager. Like I said in another post as a HC before arriving to TN he has only seen his starting qbs have 3 300 passing yards in a game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

02FAA2D9-C072-470B-A4F1-8BBD1A56B669.jpeg

• LOL LOL x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Hmmm. How do I put this into words? Have you ever had a child in school that you knew was so bright, so bright that the content that was being taught to them was not challenging them enough and causing them to be bored in class! Yeah...Terrible analogy.

How about a child that you personally taught to do something a certain way (the right way) that they knew how to do it and we’re outstanding at it. Only to go to work for an employer later on in life and to have that employer show them a total different way to the same thing you taught them. Only to have that kid look at him like he is an idiot. The adult and system Marcus originally learned from is far different than anything he is doing now. So different that I think the things he is doing he knows is off and it causes him to think and do things that are not natural for him. Therefore he is questioning what he is trying to operate. To me...this is the real issue. And then again he may not be aware of it. It could be he unconsciously is not buying into it. The coaches are spoon feeding him something and he is unconsciously spitting it out. It doesn’t fit who he is as a player on the field.

Now I could be totally off but it’s no secret that I’m totally bought in to him as a pro. And he is soooo far beyond what he is doing right now its causing him problems. He just doesn’t fit what there are trying to do and to me they need to make decision on him. It’s either the coach or him.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  9. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I'm putting blame on the guy that has failed throughout his entire career as a HC.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Mariota probably shouldn't have played the last two weeks. Funny how those calling him soft are now critical of his play when he guts out a couple of games.

The only reason he did anything against the Clots was that their pass D is 31st in the league. He was mediocre at best last week. He's clearly no where close to 100%.

If the Titans had a better option than Cassel or faced any tougher teams, I have no doubt Mariota would have stayed on the sidelines. I believe those who said his injury would have him out 2-4 weeks were accurate.

I also think the offensive game plan has gone to records levels of conservative because of this.

Get Mariota to 90%+ and we're going to see the offense open back up. They have no choice against the next three teams they face.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar