Office upgrade to dual 25" monitors

Discussion in 'Gear' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Jun 16, 2017.

1. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Yea, I started with no sdd in it the last 6 months and running Ubuntu. Over the last week, threw the SDD and Windows 10 in, and I am definitely not regretting it. Lightning speed on the startup.
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. RealestWhiteBoy

That upgrade is on the Christmas list. haha I'm just running everything on-board with ASUS Z97-A, right now.

Looking at something in the $200-250 range, probably. That's one area I've to read up on more before, for sure. But I'm not gaming professionally, so I'm not even looking at the crazy $800-1,000 stuff ... that's just insane, and makes my wallet tear up to even know it's an option that's out there. hahaha
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. RealestWhiteBoy

I've got 4.5TB in the tower, and another 3TB on external networked to all devices ... and the 3 TB is almost full with movies/sports/music. hahaha I couldn't get by with just 1. :p

But I remember how excited I was in high school, when my parents upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows XP with a few GB storage ... every day after school, amazed at how I could download a song or 2 in 10 minutes. lol Now, I can download hundreds of songs in that time.
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

video cards are like the last frontier of building a PC... you can still spend as much as you want for whatever you want.

IMO just base it on what you do not the card itself... MY opinion.

I dont play the shooter games my son does, but the games I play are 3d ... I am running a Radeon R7 200 something on a w7 64 bit Home Premium OS using an AMD FX8350 8 core 4gb processor with 16gb of RAM ( w7 only supports 16gb unless you get the pro or higher edition ). TONS of heat but installing a liquid cooled CPU fan fixed that - but I digress

YES the SSD for the system OS is IMO the single biggest performance upgrade available to anyone buying or building a PC or laptop. Totally worth the money

and oh the Radeon R7 200 ish does everything I need, but I have no doubt it would stumble trying to run the games my son plays
    • High Five High Five x 1