Office upgrade to dual 25" monitors

Discussion in 'Gear' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Yea, I started with no sdd in it the last 6 months and running Ubuntu. Over the last week, threw the SDD and Windows 10 in, and I am definitely not regretting it. Lightning speed on the startup.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. RealestWhiteBoy

That upgrade is on the Christmas list. haha I'm just running everything on-board with ASUS Z97-A, right now.

Looking at something in the $200-250 range, probably. That's one area I've to read up on more before, for sure. But I'm not gaming professionally, so I'm not even looking at the crazy $800-1,000 stuff ... that's just insane, and makes my wallet tear up to even know it's an option that's out there. hahaha

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. RealestWhiteBoy

I've got 4.5TB in the tower, and another 3TB on external networked to all devices ... and the 3 TB is almost full with movies/sports/music. hahaha I couldn't get by with just 1. :p

But I remember how excited I was in high school, when my parents upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows XP with a few GB storage ... every day after school, amazed at how I could download a song or 2 in 10 minutes. lol Now, I can download hundreds of songs in that time.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

video cards are like the last frontier of building a PC... you can still spend as much as you want for whatever you want.

IMO just base it on what you do not the card itself... MY opinion.

I dont play the shooter games my son does, but the games I play are 3d ... I am running a Radeon R7 200 something on a w7 64 bit Home Premium OS using an AMD FX8350 8 core 4gb processor with 16gb of RAM ( w7 only supports 16gb unless you get the pro or higher edition ). TONS of heat but installing a liquid cooled CPU fan fixed that - but I digress

YES the SSD for the system OS is IMO the single biggest performance upgrade available to anyone buying or building a PC or laptop. Totally worth the money

and oh the Radeon R7 200 ish does everything I need, but I have no doubt it would stumble trying to run the games my son plays

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar