Official 2013 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Titan Cup/Fantasy Football' started by SawdustMan, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

If you do your research throughout the offseason, and keep up with last second injuries.....not that hard.
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Basically it can be as time-consuming as you want it to be. You can get by with just taking a couple minutes each week to set your lineup. But once you get hooked you'll most likely end up putting more time into than that. Still, it's far from a burden or some gigantic time-suck. Not knowing anything about what you do or what your average day is like, I still feel pretty confident in saying you have enough free time to maintain a fantasy football team.
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Fantasy football 101
  4. RazorbackTitans

RazorbackTitans Starter

Too be honest.. Im disappointed in myself with as much time as Ive spent watching NFL games on Game Rewind. Especially with a to-do list as long as mine usually is.
  5. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Haha bro me too...
  6. SawdustMan

Have one more for this week...

PIT (@ CIN) or Denver (@NYG)- I hate that both of these defenses are playing on the road but oh well. My gut's telling me to go with the Steelers. But I could also see the Giants having a lot of turnovers in this one so I'm tempted to start Denver.
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Denver all the way. Steelers can't be trusted anymore.
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Amendola is literally the only injury prone player I took... and the only reason I did it was because of his upside. Plus, I knew I'd be able to get a steal in Boldin later in the draft. And I took Thompkins/Dobson to back up Amendola if he's hurt.
  9. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Brian Hartline vs Indy or Ruben Randle vs Broncos?

I think Hartline has more guaranteed snaps since he's a starter but the Giants will be trailing most of the game.
  10. SawdustMan

This seems about like a toss-up. If PPR, I'd definitely lean Hartline. Either way though, I think Hartline is the safer pick so that's probably who I'd roll with.

FWIW the Yahoo "experts" have Hartline ranked as the #40 WR this week and Randle as #43. (40 seems a little low for Hartline IMO)