Official 2013 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by SawdustMan, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Personally I would go with go with Eli... Panthers secondary is awful. Eagles ain't much better, but Smith will be forced to keep up with Vick.

I like the Eagles to win tonight. I hate that Reid is going to get a standing boovation though.

2. CaseyTrain

CaseyTrain Starter

Don't worry I went with my gut and started eli. He should be able to do better than 14 points

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well, after the "Luck over Vick" debacle from last week I finally started Vick this week.... and he had 3 turnovers and by far his worst fantasy performance of the season.
    :whack:

This is why I typically try to grab a truly elite QB early in the draft. I hate having to choose between two above-average guys who are up one week and down the next. Feels like you're always chasing last week's numbers. It's nice to just have a Rodgers or Manning that you can start with confidence each and every week.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I targeted Matt Ryan in the 5th throughout all my leagues. If he wasn't there I went with Kaepernick. If Kaep wasn't there I waited at least a round and went with either Stafford or Wilson.

But Matt Ryan in the 5th is pretty much the best value you can find for a QB. People also called me retarded for favoring Ryan over Brady this year... yea, how's that looking now?

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Okay, I have a tough one here. I'm 0-2 in this league and really need a win. I need to start two of the following:

- Demarco Murray
    - Joique Bell
    - Julian Edelman

For the sake of this discussion, let's assume Reggie Bush is out. And this is a PPR league. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm thinking Murray might be the odd man out here(?). He was downright awful last week.

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

edelman is getting his touches, brady will get him the ball. Tampa plays zone so that matchup works. I would go with murray as well. Bell is odd man out

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

What do you think about starting Trent Richardson? He JUST joined the team. Do you think I should give it a week or so, considering that he's splitting carries with Bradshaw?

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

i'm faced with that decision. I can go with either Ryan Mathews (I can't recall who he's up against :) ), or T-Rich as my flex ... I decided to go with Richardson. I figure the Colts will want him to do something after making such a splashy trade (maybe throw him the goal line carries). And... I don't want to be have any rooting interest in Ryan one T this weekend.

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

FWIW I'd go with Murray and Bell (I didn't check Murray's match-up, but I know Edelman is up against the Buc's D which has been decent)

Ahhh... reread your post (for the first time apparently lol) PPR... I'd go with Bell and Edelman (unless Murray has a sweet match-up).

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Darren McFadden or Andre Johnson?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar