Official 2013 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by SawdustMan, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

He also had his own dance video too lol "LT Slide" funny video

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

There were a few years there where if you had LT or Priest Holmes you were in the playoffs.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I remember the good old days when Clinton Portis, Shaun Alexander, and Ladainian Tomlinson dominated... back when an elite RB ended up with 20+ TDs.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

So I'm 0-3 in the league I care about the most. :hang:

I dropped some dead weight, put about half my team on the trading block, it's a sad state of affairs. The bad thing is I have a decent team, I just keep running into the craziest/flukiest of matchups (like my opponent getting 40 total points from his defense and kicker this week, in addition to a Brees/Graham combo that went of for 60+... so 100 points right there, yeeaaah).

Anyway, enough complaining... here's what I need some input on. I need to fill 2 RB slots and 1 Flex. I have:

RB- CJ, Murray, J. Bell, Powell, Bradshaw
    WR- Edelman, A. Brown

Right now I have it set as CJ, Murray and Powell. But I'm wondering if maybe it's time to sit CJ. He's been such a disappointment and the Jets are allowing the fewest fantasy pts to RBs. But he's just one of those guys who's really tough to bench. Soon as I do he'll no doubt go for 150+ and a couple of scores.

Brown had a big game on my bench this past week, still I'm skeptical of putting him in the lineup. And Edelman's been TD-less since week 1. Not really giving much serious consideration to Bradshaw.

5. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Trade advice. Would yall trade CJ and Julio for Desean Jackson and Jordan Cameron. I have antonio brown and josh gordon and colston on the bench. And finley is my TE.
    I still have T Richardson and doug Martin at RB

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No way. I would try to work out some sort of deal for Cameron though... give Finley + Gordon or something like that.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think it's a tough decision and you could easily make a case either way. Jones is the #1 fantasy WR and Jackson is #2. So that's pretty much an even swap. You're basically looking at CJ for Cameron. And if you're just looking at their production through 3 weeks it seems like a no-brainer to pull the trigger.

However, you'd be selling low on CJ and buying (very) high on Cameron. I expect Cameron to come back to reality a bit. As for CJ, he's still 6th in the league in rushing. And I fully believe the TDs will come.

If you were a little bit better off at RB I'd definitely say pull the trigger. But I don't like the idea of rolling with just Martin and Richardson at RB. Richardson could be splitting carries at least for a few weeks. And Martin has been a bit of a disappointment so far.

All that said, go with your gut.

8. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

His first trade offer was t-rich instead of CJ

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Alright guys big week for me, playing my roommate and we're trash talking the crap out of each other so I really need to win this one. 3-0 in the league so hoping this guy doesn't snap my streak. Need help determining my #3 WR. This is PPR.

Kendall Wright- facing the Jets. I think Locker will look his way a few more times, Jets will bring pressure.
    Tavon Austin- I believer SF struggles with slot WRs. Big home game for the Rams, so could have big game.
    Kenbrell Thompkins- I bench him and then he goes off and scores 2 TDs. Facing some struggling ATL CBs.
    Marlon Brown- bad last week but Buffalo just gave up big games to Hill and Holmes last week. Tempting.

Also got a trade proposal. I send CJ Spiller, Wes Welker, and Tavon Austin and get Adrian Peterson. I could probably get Reuben Randle too.

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

would you trade fred Jackson straight up for deandre Hopkins if your rbs were cj Alfred morris david Wilson and giovani Bernard besides fred Jackson and my wrs well kendall wrights my number 2 nelson is 1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar