Official 2013 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by SawdustMan, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

my autodraft league, dropping 2 guys to get a K and DEF.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I see you used my strategy placing all K's and DEF's on your do not draft list.

Idk why I'm giving you advice, but I'd probably drop Redman and Dwyer to pick up your K and DEF. It's too hard to predict which one of them will do well and there's also Stephens-Howling who will see some playing time too. And as soon as Le'veon Bell is back, it's his job.

I have no idea who I want to drop to get my K and DEF.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I'd def drop Redman and Dwyer.

4. RavensShallBurn

I'm surprised the Steelers cut Dwyer. That increases Redman's value, but I would still cut him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'm dropping the bottom 3 for sure. I don't need Thomas since I have Sproles and I doubt Thomas gets many meaningful carries.

6. RavensShallBurn

Here's my first live drafted team (also a 12 man money league).

QB - Russell Wilson
    WR - Vincent Jackson
    WR - Torrey Smith
    WR - Wes Welker
    RB - Alfred Morris
    RB - Chris Johnson
    TE - Jordan Cameron
    W/R/T - Shane Vereen
    K - Greg Zuerlein
    DEF - Atlanta
    Bench:
    Jay Cutler
    Tavon Austin
    Josh Gordon
    Kenbrell Thompkins
    Mohammed Sanu
    Quinton Patton
    Vick Ballard
    Heath Miller

I looked at my draft grade... Yahoo gave me a C and said my team will finish 1-13. Lmfao. Okay, Yahoo. Okay. It's way more likely I go 13-1.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I will comment after the draft, you took some guys I would like to snatch up so of course I like it.

8. RavensShallBurn

The guys in my league who were on autodraft got the highest grades and projected to go 12-2.

Basically Yahoo is retarded and doesn't know how to project points and rank players very well... but it's format is still my favorite - even though this new stuff sucks.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

You're really shallow at receiver. Welker will be good if it's a PPR league, but when you need 3 receivers and a flex every week and Torrey Smith is your second best option... That's a weakness. Shane Vareen as a rb3 is a stretch also. You went Morris, Johnson, VJax in the third? And Torrey in 4? I just can't find the guy who's a good 4th round pick here. I do love some Vincent Jackson though.

10. RavensShallBurn

We must have different strategies. I went Morris/CJ in the first two rounds (I almost always go RB, RB).

Then when the draft came back to me and VJax was by far the best available WR. After picking him, Torrey Smith was one of the top 5 WRs available. The only one I considered taking over him was Wayne.

So yea... the first wave of WRs were gone when I picked, but VJax is a #1 and he put up great numbers last year. I was really hoping for either Julio, Roddy, Fitz, or Cobb in the 3rd, but there was a run on WRs just before my pick. I bet he tops those numbers this year. I like Torrey Smith a lot. He had a good season last year and was a monster in the playoffs. Now he's by far Flacco's favorite target. He's in for 1000 yards and 10 TDs IMO. I'm sure most would've taken Bowe or Nicks with that pick, but I just can't take Bowe because I don't trust Alex Smith to net him big numbers and Nicks obviously never stays healthy.

I actually think I'm very deep at WR. A lot of those guys on the bench are good flex WRs. Here's how the order of my picks went (12 man league):

1. Morris
    2. CJ
    3. Jackson
    4. Smith
    5. Welker
    6. Wilson
    7. Vereen
    8. Austin
    9. Gordon
    10. Thompkins
    11. Cameron
    12. Ballard
    13. Cutler
    14. Sanu
    15. Miller
    16. Patton
    17. Atlanta
    18. Zuerlein

The fact that I had the 11th pick made me miss out on the top tier WRs which made my starting three weaker than they could have been, but I'm not worried one bit. I'm more worried about my situation at RB since Vereen/Ballard are my only backups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar