Official 2015 Offseason Cuts and Trades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aqutis30, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

So today is the day that teams can officially start cutting players. I think trades can't happen until sometime later. So, with us ending the season at 2-14, we should start cutting the fat pretty quickly!

So who do you think will be the first to be cut or possible traded on down the road?

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Hopefully Pollard then Griffin soon after. Good riddance. Love how Madden used to have Griffin in the 90s now he's a low 70 lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Yea, but you know what? It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't cut Pollard just to spite him.

I think the first release will either be Oher, Pollard, or Levitre. They should hit the OL right off the bat.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Pollard will be cut. 50/50 shot before he said what he did. We save 3+ million by doing so. Pretty easy choice. Griffin, though, will not be cut. He will re-work his deal and add on probably 2 years, We have too many holes to create another and the coaches like him.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

My offseason cut wish list (in no particular order):
    1. Michael Griffin (post June 1 designation)
    2. Shonne Greene
    3. Michael Oher
    4. Andy Levitre (post June 1 designation)
    5. Bernard Pollard
    6. Craig Stevens
    7. Kamerion Wimbley
    8. Sammie Hill
    9. Xavier Gooden

6. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

Until this organization realizes what sucking on the field looks like, we can only dream what it must be like to be fan of a perennial contender. Regardless of whether coaches like him, you do not pay a bottom 5 safety anything, you let them hit the street. Again, I say his release actually helps more than hurts.

7. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Well since coaches are the ones who make the call to cut him or not, it does matter. We can just say cut everyone as much as we wish, we also need to be realtistic about what could or wont happen. If we are talking truthfully, no need to continue to suggest it. Very slim chance it happens. As much as he is a bad tackler, he was pretty decent last year. Had some good moments. He has always been a player that needed talent around him to succeed. He is not his best when he tries to do too much like last year. If we can get McCourty next to him and another solid CB, he will play back into his role and play much better.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Cuts:

• Andy Levitre - (post June 1 cut), saves $6.5m w/ $2.1m dead money
    • Michael Oher - (post June 1 cut), saves $4m w/ $1m dead money
    • Sammie Lee Hill - saves $4m w/ $666k dead money
    • Kam Wimbley - (post June 1 cut), saves $2.75m w/ $1.8m dead money
    • Craig Stevens - saves $3.5m w/ $1m dead money
    • Shonn Greene - saves $3.35m w/ $833K dead money
    • Bernard Pollard - saves $3.2m w/ $425K dead money
    • Wes Woodyard - saves $2.25m w/ $1.25m dead money
    Restructure:
    • Michael Griffin - I think Griff will stay, although if we sign somebody like Devin McCourty, i'm cutting Griffin in a flash. Although, I think we'll likely restructure with Griffin.
    This leaves us with $66,985,599 in cap room (does not include Griffins restructure/cut). Which is a crazy amount of money that we can spend on some legit FAs, hopefully.

Our free agents:
    • Roos - Likely leaves. Everything i've seen is saying we're moving on, wouldn't be surprised if Roos hangs it up… although I'd love to see him go to a contender and play a few more years.
    • Nate Washington - Would like him back, but likely leaves. Would make a solid #2/#3 WR on a contender, I could see a team like Carolina going after Nate.
    • George Wilson - Let walk.
    • Leon Washington - Please, let walk.
    • Derek Hagan - Let walk
    • Jackie Battle - Let walk
    • Quentin Groves - Let walk
    • Brett Kern - Resign
    • Derrick Morgan - Let walk, think we can find an upgrade at near the same price
    • Byron Stingily - Resign, if cheap. Decent backup tackle.
    • Jake Locker - Let walk
    • Karl Klug - Let walk, already have Pito, Martin, DaQuan, Al Woods, and hopefully Leonard Williams
    • Colin McCarthy - Let walk
    That's 19 players that will be replaced, if the Titans did exactly what I just said. We now have nearly $67mil to spend on free agents & a high draft pick. This is how you rebuild... do it right and we won't be completely awful next year.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

Pro Football Focus, ranks Griffin 83rd out of 86 safeties, with a negative-16.2 grade. San Diego’s Eric Weddle ranks No. 1 at positive-20.3.

- Taken from a PK article since I don't have PFF Gold access.

10. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I don't really take a lot from PFF, they don't know football, just numbers. A lot of that must have come from missed tackles, something that can be improved on. Coaches like him, he (not saying much) is better than most of our players on D. Only way I see he possibly getting cut is if he rejects a pay cut. Which, I doubt he does. He has already said that he would do what is best to help team and talk to his family about all options (that was stated after the question was asked about taking a pay cut)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar