Official 2015 Offseason Cuts and Trades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aqutis30, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Mills wasn't on the wire long before Dallas grabbed him

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

We are way ahead of dallas on the Wire...

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

So we remain at 2 even after pick ups?

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

We are at 2 until after week 3 when they readjust due to record.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Either that or move Meridith to OT and leave Bell where he is. I really don't understand why Poutasi was handed a starting job (outside of where he was drafted). When we knew there was gonna be a shakeup, it sounded like it would be Bell at LG and Meredith at RT...for a day. Then suddenly it's Poutasi.

Poutasi has technique issues which are getting him beaten too often in both the run and pass game. He has given up a free hit on the QB each game he's played and he's never played that much. What's gonna happen when he plays 4 quarters?

Meredith was the most consistent OL on the team in pre-season and that includes Lewan. Meredith got beaten only once in the Vikings game (playing LT). Of course, Meredith has been going against 2's so it's no guarantee he can maintain that when facing 1's, but I'm shocked Poutasi keeps getting beaten in pass protection and they don't give Meredith a look.

If Bell is struggling at LG, I'd probably move Meredith to LG and Bell to LT and either latch my best blocking TE next to him or Keep Fowler/Andrews in the backfield to double or at least Chip.

I don't like our OT depth because I really don't want Bell playing LT....but Meredith is the ONLY other OL who can play there with any hope of not getting Mariota killed. Unlike last year, Whiz would really need to adjust protections and stick with 3 step drops and stop going deep with 5 man protections!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Which means Webster thinks we are good to go on the OL.

:disappointed:

7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Yep. I'm still worried about the OLine as well. At least they're trying a different approach and not sticking to the guys that have proven they can't get it done. Hoping this group gels and can keep Mariota clean. It's probably going to be rough out there on him...

8. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

What OL guys are still out there and worth taking a look at?

9. Titan8425

Titan8425 Starter

At which point we still could be 2 or even 1

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Jake Long sure would look good at RT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar