Official Bench Locker Thread (all Locker stinks stuff goes here).

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by luvyablue256, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I thought Mettenberger was a lot like Locker in terms of his skill coming out of college.

Big arm like Locker. More accurate than Locker.

On the downside, can't read a defense. Is a statue in the pocket. Will force it into double coverage before he checks it down.

I was impressed with him in preseason, but it just reaffirmed all of that, really. Unless he has progressed big time since then I would expect him to come in and play like a 6th round pick.

But no, it is laughable to say he is better than Locker right now. Can he play better than Locker has the past two games? Of course. Can Locker? Of course, we have seen him do it.

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Fair enough. I think that is (edit) shallow, but at least I understand where you are coming from now. If Jake has... I'll call it two more games like the last two, I will be right there with you.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If Jake would've bounced back last week things might be different. But it's clear he is broken and defeated at this point. You can see it on the field. You could see it in his face and hear it in his voice in the postgame. And I find it very hard to believe his receivers aren't losing confidence in him. Add all that up and it's just a recipe for disaster I can see coming a mile away.

The odds are against Mett coming in and playing very well. But even you have to admit that it IS a possibility. Crazier things have happened in this league. And it's not as if the bar is set particularly high right now.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think it's absolutely fair to say that Mett possesses certain ingredients for success at the position that Jake does not. Whether that translates into him being a better NFL QB remains to be seen.

It sounds like all but a few of us now realize that Jake isn't the long-term answer. The split here is that some still think Jake is good enough to get us to the playoffs and the rest of us do not. I have zero faith he's going to play well, consistently enough, to get us anywhere. So I'll take the "unknown" over what I believe to be sure failure.

5. kenny

kenny Starter

I specifically said when there is miscommunication. So when coach comes out in a conference and says that the WR was here, Jake thought he would be there ect. Yet during the game you see no conversation between Jake and said WR. Now I know you will say just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. However, you are being just as hypothetical in your defense of Locker. How can you say he did if it isn't on tape? You can't. The point is leadership is touted as one of Jake's strong points, but it just has not shown thus far. If you say it has you are only fooling and convincing yourself. I am done arguing with someone who obviously does not want a discussion. All you really want is for people to say you are right. It has nothing to do with a discussion about your team. Good luck.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I swear to God Rolltide has hacked his account. NOBODY ELSE uses so many stats to make their case in football.

AGAIN: Stats don't mean ANYTHING in this game because there are too many variables and it's a team sport. I can't find any applicable information in "Gut"s reply to my post.

So if you're not Rolltide, who are you and what have you done with Gut?

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. kenny

kenny Starter

The fact is we WANT to believe that Locker is good enough to get us to the post season because we are sick of 8-8 or worse seasons. Wanting to believe and being able to fool yourself into buying it are two different things. After the pre season I was very hopeful and encouraged. After the past 2 games I am just shocked at how badly he has played. I just can't make myself believe that he is not what we have seen. I wish I had a good enough reason to do so, but Jake just hasn't had a consistent track record. I hope I am wrong. I hope Jake comes back and proves me 100% wrong. I just don't believe it will happen. Sooner than later we should move on to see if Mett is the answer. If we do not know by the end of THIS season it is a huge mistake by the management of this team. That is of course unless Jake does make that huge turn around that I just do not see coming.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

see, its all just THAT simple. Why is it so hard for some to understand?

9. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Gut telling me this is going to be one of those days that shows us how bad we really are. After last 2 weeks we are all thinking familiar opponent, can't be as bad, then we get taken to the woodshed, and he season is about over for us. Hope I'm wrong

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

So... Pure coincidence that the best players/ teams produce the top tier stats in the league? Of course it is.

Are you serious right now? You know the ENTIRE field of statistics is to represent a mathematical analysis of systems with countless variables?

My brother runs the statistical analysis for the R&D department of a biomedical company. They use those statistics every day and there are many more variables involved there than in a football game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar