Official College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec - sec

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well he's a loser. I never once bought into the hype. All week on ESPN I had to hear about how good he was, from what little I saw of him prior to today I wasn't impressed and today just reaffirmed that. Sure only 2 of the picks were his fault but he didn't do much good any other time until the end when we were in the prevent. And people thought THIS guy would beat OSU in the shoe lol.

I'm gonna throw this out there: Notre Dame is dead and it's never coming back. I think they can be a solid team but never even close to what they used to be. They will never get the quality of players they once could. Sure they give you a better education than any other school in America but that's why they'll never get the top players. And secondly they bring in these coaches and each one thinks they can return ND to it's old self when people were scared to play them, not looking forward to it. Brian Kelly isn't the answer there. He's good but not great. Had some good seasons in Cincinnati but it helps when you have a good QB (who did make an NFL roster) and a starting WR in the NFL. His defenses at Cincy were awful and I know Robinson is a great player but when it mattered ND's defense totally folded and did nothing to stop him. MAYBE if ND had gone after Chris Petersen (who they should have) they would have a chance at being good again but it's over for them, they will forever be an average team. Once people realize Kelly is a dud nobody is going to want to coach there knowing fans and boosters still feel like ND is a top program and it's not the case. Sky high expectations and not even close to ever getting the talent to do so.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm gonna say there's a 25% chance GoT is actually a fan of an SEC team that won today.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Um yeah cause a team full of freshmen, a new QB, new coaches, new linemen and you want to bash them for dominating a half against #7. No one expected UT to win that and you know it. I guess you expected South Florida to beat Florida too right? :rolleyes:

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

But with all the super athletes on those SEC rosters it shouldn't matter!
    USF would have had a shot if they had a qb who could complete half of his attempts. BJ Daniels was 5-20 with 4 interceptions and they went into the 4th quarter down 14-7...

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Normally I'd agree but clearly SEC fans have a double standard. Penn State is in total rebuild mode, freshman QB for the first time ever and Bama fans still chant SEC after they win like that was a big win. But when Tennessee loses it's OK because they're rebuilding but when Penn State's rebuilding it's "OH YEA CONFERENCE PRIDE WE WON!"

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

The difference is Penn State was ranked 18th, UT unranked. If PSU was rebuilding so much why were they ranked so highly this early?

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Who knows? They're pre season rankings they don't know how teams will look it's just an educated guess. I recall Clemson being ranked #9 going into the season and they were awful.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Penn St was ranked 18! UT is in rebuilding mode because their head coach took off to the west coast. It's going to take them time. Didn't UT win at Oregon last year anyway?

Yeah I was chanting SEC after we whooped another big 10 team.

Also for those Boise fans, VT lost again, I was expecting James Madison to be ranked in the top 10 but didn't see it.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I don't think it proved much. Alabummer wasn't impressive at all. ACC, Big Ten, SEC, Big 12 all lost to 1-AA teams this year. Good luck trying to convince people you have a strong conference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar