Official College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I guess when your conference actually wins the big game you might get that conference pride thing. Yeah last year Heisman winner and national champs yeah he's proud.

(Insert I used to go for Auburn joke here)

They would have to pay me to go there too :D

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

A buddy of mine is a UF fan and he tried to talk trash this year. I tried to explain to him that just because UF lost to the good teams in the SEC doesn't mean he should be happy. If people want to feel better about being the good teams' preseason/warm up games, then by all means go ahead. That's all Tennessee has become to UF...

Maybe I just don't get college football. I'll admit I enjoy the NFL a lot more than NCAA football. Everything about college football is just amateurish to me. No playoffs, the gimmicky offenses that are run and the officiating is horrible. It's a pretty easy thing to figure out; schedule a bunch of cupcakes that are out of conference, get the best athlete you have and teach him how to throw deep and hope you can outscore the other team by enough so that a bunch of computers think you're one of the two best teams in the country. All while making the evaluation process harder on pro scouts because of the way offenses are used.

3. The Playmaker

I don't really see it that way. I guess that's what makes college football great is because of the diversity in the nation. You know like when looking at those ESPN polls about Boise St the SEC area didn't want them in the national championship while everyone else did. I guess there has always been a rivalry between the SEC and Big 10 in some sort of fashion but when I see teams in the conference that has my team in it (Alabama, say it with me, Alabama...just joking with ya) I want to see those teams do well. Now this year in the national championship I'm not sure yet, I know I get some trash talk on here but man my Auburn friends won't shut up and my Bama friends still talk about last year and pumped about next year. So I'm just going to hope for a good game.

Now about the SEC pride thing it's pretty simple for me...I go for the conference my team is in. I don't like Tennessee but I went for them, South Carolina not a fan of but went for them, etc. Oh and I freaking hate LSU and that dumb coach they have but they need to represent the SEC and win.

4. The Playmaker

Up until last year or maybe the year before I prefered the NFL but I became more of a fan of college just because everyone was around the same age, bigger fan bases, more games, more excitement, and every game is a must win. Yeah some of the teams are gimicky but better than all 100 something teams running either a pro-style or west coast offense. I don't see it as a connection to the NFL but just it's own game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar