Official Kevin Matthews Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ten_Titans, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Do you think it is ego on te coaching staff as to why Amano still plays? Is it them just constantly thinking they're right?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

lol Matthews sucks. If he had a different last name he'd have a desk job somewhere. He's just a product of the same Fisher BS loyalty program that's stuck with the team...guy gets a free job just becuase hes the coaches son.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well, when Munch says with a straight face that we have an excellent OL and Harris and Amano would get the job done and then they didn't with a whole season last year with Matthews as OL coach and Munch as HC, clearly a change - and an improvement - needs to be made. Don't really understand Hutchinson other than to lure Peyton when there were 3 Pro Bowl OG's available. Then we brought in a bunch of OC's with the thought we need to make a change there. Signed no one and drafted no one.

If we want CJ to get back on track, he's got to have the blocking and we're not getting it done right now. Even if Hutch comes in and mauls in the run game like he used to, Harris and Amano will have a major negative impact on our consistency in the run game which has a major impact on our consistency as an offense!

Matthews is not the answer at OC unless he's significantly better than last year which is hard to believe. Give Velasco a shot but hope a solid vet gets let go and we can pickup for cheap. Shocked we didn't see OL as a need but took a backup TE, CB, DE but didn't look for a starting or developmental OC or OG.

If we had rebuilt this OL, all of our weapons would be devastating. There is a reason why the first thing you do to slow down a QB is to rush the passer. At the same time, if an OL gets blown up in 1 or 2 spots consistently, it makes it very difficult for anyone to run behind it consistently.

Gut

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Honestly I think that's a big part of it. It seems like they feel they can coach up any scrub into a pro bowl level lineman. Amano proves otherwise if you ask me. I'm almost certain that's why they didn't take DeCastro or Konz.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

We can hope. I remember Harris mauling the Ravens in the playoffs. Seemed a logical choice at Center, his natural position, after Mawae left. Logic...

6. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Too logical! This is the NFL, nothing is as it seems!

7. BNails21

BNails21 Starter

My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

People keep hoping that a veteran C is released… I highly doubt it! There weren’t many C drafted and with the exception of Konz I don’t see any of them starting. Even if Konz does start, he might start at G to develop him into a C. I don’t see any current starting centers having to worry about losing their jobs. If anything, second and third stringers will be cut.

I have the feeling the FO already sees someone on our current roster as our starter. I don’t know anything about Valesco and Mathews, but I think just switching Harris to C and Amano to G would already be an improvement. Surely Harris has been coached to snap the ball by now.

9. netnut

netnut Starter

Ditto!
    on Velasco.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Are you basing this on his preseason work? He didn't play a snap during the regular season that I can remember.

His last regular season game was in Indy when he botched that snap to KFC (though it wasn't that bad) late in that game. I thought he's played well up to that point.

I'd like to see if either he or Velasco can push Amano and think either one or the other is going to have a better shot than the UDA from Alabama.

Since the Titans have brought in a number of FA centers, it makes you wonder if the Titans have faith either are staring material.

Webster was just asked about the interior OL issues on the radio and he led me to believe that the search continues for a center. But the team will want to make sure bringing in someone is going to upgrade the position and that pass protection isn't sacrificed just to improve the run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar