Official "Not Happy But Staying" Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Jan 3, 2014.

?
  1. Staying with the team and cheering for wins in 2014

88.5%
  2. No longer a fan or cheering for losses in 2014

11.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escape Goat

Escape Goat Starter

Pissed, but not going anywhere.

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Underdog sucks

3. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

The titans suck..... but we still care.... unfortunately, I still feel the same way every season, almost, but not quite. lol

4. amy

amy Starter

Well, the best thing to do is one, wait for the official announcement; two, wait until we see whether the coaching staff will be upgraded, if Lockers stays healthy, if we draft a QB, if we get some really good runners, considering it's going to be a run first offense, and whatever else we need. If none of this happens, then you all can officially go find another team. I just don't see the need for all the gnashing of teeth.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

technically, i would change my vote as i would rather be in the playoffs next year than to just to lose..... i want ANYTHING but mediocrity.

6. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Everybody has to show who the "true fans" are I guess.

Kind of a moot argument if you ask me, bandwagoners come out of the woodwork when a team does good, they don't hang around forums like this to complain when the team does bad, If anything, most of the guys here are true enough fans for sticking around this long, even if they're giving up on the titans until things improve.

I've been tempted before to just quit watching the games, but I keep coming back. But I also like another team, in the NFC, like being the key word, You could say they're my safety net if the titans do the usual and suck their way out of the playoffs, but I gotta find hope SOMEWHERE, Because the way things are going, the titans aren't gonna give me the kind of satisfaction that most fans desire by winning.

Everything in the organization feels like glass that is about to shatter, Locker breaks like a cheap toy, and then our season goes down the toilet as soon as that happens. Fitz isn't good enough to carry our team to victory, and our poor defense needs a while to rest after they go out and do their part, they can't afford to sit for five minutes while johnson doesn't get more than a yard, and fitz throws another pick when it counts, they can't get enough rest to help us win, because our offense can't get anything done when it matters.

7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I'll be here, I'm not leaving. I might be bitching, but I won't jump ship.

That said, I really hope we see Williams at DC, a new OC, and then I could live with Munch staying his last year (if that's the end result).

That said, what if he stays, makes the playoffs and loses the first game? Is that acceptable, an extension? This should hinge on a minimum of 1 playoff WIN next year for him to stay on IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I was born in 1984 in Lubbock, Texas and when I was 3 years old I fell in love with football. Everyone here in Texas is all about the Cowboys but I just couldn't dig it. I was drawn to the oil derricks on the helmets and the Columbia blue jerseys. Then as I got a little older and understood the game better I was diehard. We had some really good teams with Warren and bottomed out. Then the new age of guys like Steve and Eddie gave me hope of something great, then we were run out Houston. I followed.

Those homeless seasons in Tennessee were tough as can be then we reached the pinnacle in our first year as the Titans only to have the rug violently pulled out from underneath us. There have been so many peaks and valleys with this team but never in a million years could I claim another. I have always loved this team, still love this team and will always love this team. Like The Hammer has stressed is that we have been through much worse times. Regardless of who is in charge of this team I will rock with them. Munchak is coming back and I'm gonna root for him to succeed not because I'm a blind homer but because I want this team to win above all else.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Well said. If the only reason you watch a team is to watch them win then just be a band-wagon fan so you can "feel like a winner" every year.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

No doubt. Many of my friends are cowboys fans and I hear them say a lot after they lose, "at least my other team is winning". Like seriously WTF you can't have more than one team. Either you're a fan of a team or you're not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar