Official "Rational Discussion of Potential Disaster" Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidsrobbins

davidsrobbins Camp Fodder

Exactly. Highlight of the jets game was how excellent Lendale looked. With that said he is gone next year also I believe.

I don't understand what is going on with Fisher.
    Fisher of old = pounding running game and discipline players
    Fisher of today= Support Kerry on everything and allow undisciplined D play.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Why is everyone praising LenDale? He had a nice TD run but thats about it. CJ Carried the offense, he was definitely the highlight, as usual.

3. DRAY

DRAY Camp Fodder

All that matters is making the playoffs. Anything can happen from that point forward. Wildcard teams have won the SB. Why can't the Titans?...They just have to play better, especially on special teams.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

You do realize that someone has to catch a ball for it to be complete, right??? I saw those balls hit WRs hands way before they hit anything else. General rule of thumb no matter who's playing QB, if it hits your hands, you make the catch. None of these balls were thrown behind or over their heads, they were very well thrown balls with excellent coverage that weren't caught.

What makes me even more mad is watching Dallas Clark mismatched on a SS or LB every single game......and we can't do anything with Jared Cook??

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the FR CAP purge will not happen under MR. MR already has the young core of the Titans under long term contracts, which is something FR wouldn't/couldn't do.

Am I dissapointed - hell yes

Am I mad - Fing A

Am I gonna give up my PSL too some out of state ticket broker - No way

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

So you are admitting we are once again going into rebuild mode after this season, looks like it. KVB, KB and the others won't get paid or they won't want to stay for another rebuild, which is going to happen.

Last year was our shot, and now we are going to be drafting more linemen and TEs while we bench playmakers. :rolleyes:

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ways it's going not signing KVB, KB isn't a bad idea.
    Scaife is gone.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I actually thought I made the opposite point.

Titans have Roos and Stewart locked down. Depth at OL waiting for Mawe to finally get Jenkins removed from his chest and out of the League and into the NFLPU boardroom - where apparently his major concerns are. So I think the OL is solid heading forward. Scaife is gone at TE, but he the last time I saw him he was laying the ball on the ground for pissburgH so no big loss IMO. DL not in as good of shape, but those guys will have the chance too prove themselves or they will be replaced. LB, Titans do not pay LBs so KB will be replaced, no big loss as all he seems allowed too do is hang 5 yards off the LoS covering air 90% of the time. Got CF locked up at CB and the rest of the secondary - even that useless PoS Xcolt Harper is signed.

Is LW, KB, KVB, Scaife and Mawe gone next year. I fully expect them too be. Will the Titans miss them? I expect no.

Ringer will fill in for LW, a sack of corn could replace KB in the Titans defensive scheme. Titans would be improved right now if Mawe retired. Cook have 16 or more games behind him when Scaife rapes some team. KVB of 2006-2008 will be tough to replace, KVB of 2009 not so much.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

You're still fielding a team full of noobs :)) ..sounds like rebuild year to me. Saying the Titans won't miss any of those guys is ridiculous, even if they aren't performing 100% on the field their presence in the locker room or sideline will surely not go unnoticed.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I really appreciated reading all of your thoughts. I don't really have much to say except that I think the Titans are a lot closer to 3-0 than many of us realize. There are problems with this team for sure, but they are not irreversible. I'm not giving up on this season yet. The past few seasons, the Titans have opened up against the Jags and gotten a win. Hopefully week 4 this year can kind of be a fresh start to this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar