Official - Texans sign Mario Williams

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanbuoy, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Ditto for me what Jeff Meister said.

I know some have said they knew this was coming, but man not me. This really puts the screws on Floyd, et al.

If they miss on this pick they will all be tossed out of town. Word is that Floyd is already on his third mini-comb.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Courtney Brown - 2000, selected #1 by Cleveland

3. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Mort's on espn saying Saints will pass on Bush. I don't believe it could this actualy happen then what do we do? Draft a QB with our 2 pick?

4. User Name

User Name Hot Dog Water

My Mock Draft is ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad2:

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

You're and everyone else who bothered to do one.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If Bush is free and clear at #3 and we don't have to make any trades or give up anything to get him... Hell yeah, I think we take him.

The only thing that worries me if that happens is "why?"

Why did the Texans pass and then why did the Saints also pass on the next "Gayle Sayers", the next "Barry Sanders"? If both of them pass on Bush, what is going on with him? There must be something seriously wrong with him that the fans don't know.

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

The Saints wont pass on him. Though they'll probably trade their spot. I would imagine their phone is ringing off the hook.

I really dont think this changes the Titans plans that much, as everyone expected Bush and Williams to go 1/2 anyway.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Anyone hear a response from Bush or his agent yet?

9. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I doubt either of them have mustered the strength to pull their jaws of the ground to speak.

I also read today that Reggie cancelled an appearance on the Dan Patrick show today because he wasnt going to make anymore public statements until the draft. If he didnt wanna talk 6 hours ago, I really doubt he wants to talk now.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3826093.html

"I'd like to sign on time so I can get to Houston, start working out, get to know my new teammates and coaches and get familiar with the city. But I can't sign at the expense of taking a pay cut."

Whoops. :)

You gotta know these guys are all probably at an event in NYC when word hit. Someone had to film that call to Bush when he got the word.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar