Official - Texans sign Mario Williams

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanbuoy, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bush is no certainty to be a star (no one is obviously).

But Williams is good and so is Davis, they maybe a level below Bush but i'd rather fill two needs which add up to more production overall then one superstar will.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

man you see what Jerry Jones offered the Cardinals for Wadsworth when he was going to be drafted. :eek:

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

\

Unless he becomes an injury plague, he'll be a star.

You just contradicted yourself with your statement. How do we know either of those guys will be as good combined? Two needs (a TE is what you're saying really, because Williams and Bush share the same position) are filled, so thats your answer? My point is, Bush is IMO, as close to a sure thing as I've seen in any draft. I can't say the same for the TE or Williams...

They more than a level behind Bush. Williams will be a good pro, Davis will eventually be a great TE. But I'd rather have Bush than both of them, his talent eclipses both of them.

4. The NBA posts have been moved to the Other Sports forum

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Are you kidding me ? Vernon Davis is the best tight end prospect of all time. You think Williams and Bush are freaks ? Have you seen this guy ? But wait, he must have a down side right ? Nope, excellent production and no character issues. Plenty of experience, great route runner. The only reason Bush is rated higher is because he plays HB while Davis plays TE. The only question about DeAngelo was his level of competition (and maybe his hands depending on who you talk to). It's much like the Leinart/Cutler debate so I won't even go there.

There's no way that you can say Bush is the best prospect in this draft, let alone all time.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Folks...we are not going to get Bush and Young/Leinart. You are talking probably close to $50 Mill. in guaranteed money for both.

I would like to move down, but not up. Don't want to give up picks in a draft this deep.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

whoever said we would get both?

8. How much money are we looking at for Vince Young, $30 million.

I'd like both!!!

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I probably know more about Davis than you because I live in VA/DC and I've seen VT play every week. Davis will be a great TE, I said that earlier. But Bush will be a great RB, and I think we can all agree that you'd rather have that. Davis the best prospect at TE of all time? Wow, pass the hypno man.

Anyway, Bush is the best prospect in this draft period. What are his flaws? Size? He's only bulked up since leaving USC. If you want to argue that you'd rather have Williams and Davis over Bush, fine. But I'm going to disagree.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Did someone say Al Gore had a 4.8 ypc average last year? Not bad for a politician...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar