Offseason Moves

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rward16, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rward16

rward16 Practice Squad

Thoughts on the following possibilities?
    1. Hire Norv Turner as OC
    2. Trade/Cut Michael Griffin
    3. Trade/Cut Chris Johnson
    4. Resign Jared Cook
    5. Sign LT Jake Long
    6. Sign DE Osi Umenyiora
    7. Sign S Laron Landry
    8. Sign WR Greg Jennings
    9. Sign S Jarius Byrd
    10. Draft OLine first round
    11. Draft DE first round
    12. Draft DB first round
    13. Draft Manti Te'o first round

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, if you add Win the lottery, I think you got it covered...

Seriously, though we need to find upgrades at S and OL, and we should also look to bring in a QB to compete with Locker.

Linebacker is not a concern right now, so Manti would be a luxury pick we most likely can't afford.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. HoustonTitan

HoustonTitan Starter

im all for Norv Turner as OC. say what u want about him being a headcoach, but as an OC the man knows his stuff...

i havent looked at upcoming FA's but i know in the draft, we need to go O-line and defense.

but i cant say who to draft because it depends on the free agents...

but i would be thrilled with turner as OC. im actually satisfied with gray as DC. i think the man just doesnt have the talent. the defense in my opinion has progressed and has been adding no schemes every week. just god please quit playing corners 10 yards.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't see why people say that about Norv Turner. He hasn't been a successful OC in 20 years and that team was stacked with HOF'ers.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

On offense we need to improve the OL and get a true physical RB to pair with CJ.

On defense we need to upgrade both safety positions, the NB spot, and improve the DL.

6. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Hahahahahaha

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Whoa whoa whoa, how in the hell are you going to do all of that LOL?

Did you type this up in your dreams?

I mean I'm all in on replacing Michael Griffin and Chris Johnson, but what makes you think Laron Landry and Jake Long would come to the Titans? They're both currently on better teams, who IMO want them back in 2013. The Jets didn't sign Landry last year to activate him for only 4 games, they probably want that guy long term.

And same thing with Jarius Byrd. He's more than likely staying put in Buffalo.

Then you go on to say "draft O-Line first round, draft Manti Te'o first round." Well which one is it?

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He's just listing off options... a couple will happen. Griffin will surely be gone.

I pray we could sign Byrd and draft Te'o.

I do NOT want Jennings. He's past his prime and always hurt... and WR is far from our biggest need. I also don't want Landry or Long because he will be too expensive.

I'd take Osi for the right price... but I thought he worked out a deal with the Giants and won't be a FA.

Also HELL NO to Norv Turner... guy needs to just GTFO of the NFL.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Realistically we will probably land 2 worthwhile free agents, and depend on 2-3 rookies we draft. That'll be your 2013 Titans.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I hear the Colts are going to get rid of Dwight Freeney. I'd love to bring him here on a 3-4 year deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar