Offseason Options 2013

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Honestly, last years offseason wasn't as bad as past years...

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Lost Finnegan and Jason Jones, missed out on Mario Williams and Scott Wells...picked up a washed up O-lineman and a d-end that doesn't fit in very well in a 43 defense...

The ONLY good thing we did was draft Z Brown. It was a pretty bad offseason

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Mike Martin as well.

Finnegan -- getting 10 mil, a hefty price tag.
    Jason Jones -- 7 tackles & 2.5 sacks... realllly missed out on him
    Mario Williams -- 100 mil overrated player
    Scott Wells -- I'll give you that.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

yeah, well I still hope the FO realizes how shotty they did and tries to make up for it this offseason...we have a lot of work to do

5. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Thats great, because why do we need to be in a 3-4 next year? We can change that too

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Nobody likes the Kendall Wright pick? He's gonna be a baller, you'll see. Leads rookie receivers in pretty much every category. He'll likely finish with 70+ catches, that's in a terrible offensive system (Palmer) and changing QB's (Locker & Hasselbeck)

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

I did one of these a while back when Fisher left and we were looking for a new Head Coach. I love Mike Munchak, but I don't think we'll ever get to the Super bowl with him leading our team. We never seem to be prepared and have had numerous unnecessary penalties called against us during his tenure to back that up.

Well here THE_TITAN comes again to the rescue with a plan in hand to turn it around for our beloved Titans franchise.

Step 1: Sack the coaching staff but keep Ruston Webster as General Manager. It's not Webster's fault our team has played bad. Him and Reinfeldt have had a very good drafting history and we have a roster full of young talent. It's the coaches that haven't taken advantage of this talent that should at least be challenging to get into the playoffs. The coaching staff have to go.

Step 2: The interview process. My candidates would be Chip Kelly, Perry Fewell, Gus Bradley and Mike Zimmer.

Step 3: Hire Chip Kelly to be the new head coach of the Tennessee Titans. Kelly knows how to run an offense and put points on the board quickly. He will have a lot of knowledge on Jake Locker having faced him in the PAC-12 and so I feel he would be the best candidate to take advantage of Locker's skills. The other candidates are very strong defensive minds but I just think our defense is young and needs more time but the personnel is there. No doubt Kelly would realise this and hire a good defensive coordinator to rectify the situation.

[​IMG]

Step 4: Free Agency-

Re-sign- Jared Cook, Rob Bironas, Fernando Velasco, Deuce Lutui.

Sign- William Moore-S-Atlanta, Tavares Gooden-LB-49ers, ? ?

Step 5: The NFL draft-

Round 1- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah - He could have a Haynesworth-like presence on a Titans defensive line that is hugely in need of it.

[​IMG]

Round 2- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon - This guy is so raw that he drops to the second round but his ceiling is off the chart and Chip Kelly will be well aware of this.

[​IMG]

Round 3- Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky - Really nice guard that has been successful in the SEC.

Round 4- Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon - This guy is a beast and could be a great guy to pair with CJ2K.

Round 4 (comp)- Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU - A flyer on a guy that could be great.

Round 5- Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon- An added weapon for Locker.

Round 7- Micah Hyde, SS, Iowa - Could make the roster because our safetys suck.

Step 6: Win it all!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I would love to get Star Lotulelei, but I'm not sure he will be around when we pick. Some have him ranked the #1 player in the draft, and I think we pick somewhere in the 9-12 range ... although it is early, and players draft stock will change a lot between now and then.

9. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

The way we're going, we'll be picking in the top 5. Or at least the 6-8 range. If Lotulelei is not there then Hankins will likely be available.

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Lotulelei and Hankins will be interchangable all depends on the team and who the value more.

Everyone around here wants Manti Te'o, but someone like Lotulelei and Hankins will improve the defense as a whole like Haynesworth did.

Andrew Jackson from Western Kentucky is going to be the steal of the draft this year and is who we need to get to replace McCarthy. He flies to the ball and lays the hammer down on runningbacks and receivers, grew up in the same town as Ray Lewis and models his game after him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar