Offseason Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Great find. I did a little bit of research on that 1999 prediction vs what actually happened. Out of the top 6 teams in the league that year (teams with 11 or more wins) they only picked 2 of them to finish in the top 10. Out of the bottom 6 finishers (5 wins or less) guess how many of them made preseason top 10 rankings? 2 of them as well. In other words, a blindfolded chimp playing darts in a cave at midnight could do the same thing.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That's definitely part of the fun, that so much is unpredictable.

However, I'll still stand with my defense that the rankings are not intended to predict season outcomes, but are intended to be the makers take on where the teams are right now. That's why during the season the rankings don't just reflect the standings based on record. If a team has had three easy wins, they might be below a team with a worse record that's playing better games. Trouble with offseason rankings is that we have even less to go on. I think the interesting thing will be to look at how these rankings compare to the pre week 1 rankings. Who will rise and who will fall between now and then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar