Offseason Problems for Britt Surface Again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clark, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm not defending Kenny Britt. He is a grown man and will have to deal with whatever consequences. I'm defending not jumping to conclusions.

...and I'll do that every time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Typically I'd be right there with you. But the dude's had nine "incidents" in 4 short years here. And that's just the ones we know of. Benefit of the doubt went out the window a long time ago for me.

He proves time and time again to be an unreliable idiot who never learns a damn thing from his mistakes.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

At some point it is no longer coincidence or bad luck.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.......then Kenny stabbed somebody in the face, im jus sayin

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Are "dinner parties" commonly held at 5am in the hood?

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It takes several hours to take your boy to the hospital, get him treated, go back, get your girlfriend, then get your guns and do a driveby.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Your heart is in the right place. We hope for the same thing.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't dislike Kenny and don't wish him ill-will. We actually have a mutual friend (YIKES!) and I've had the opportunity to hang out and talk to him for a bit on one occasion. He's a very likable, very goofy dude from my experience. Just has rocks for brains apparently. It's increasingly frustrating to watch this stuff happen like clockwork every offseason, regardless of the excuses. Bottom line is he's the only guy out of our entire 53 man roster that this stuff routinely happens to. Trouble doesn't just "follow" people, as Kenny's dad was suggesting in that quote. In most cases, that trouble was easily avoidable by making mature decisions.

I don't fault him for driving his friend to the hospital. I don't fault him for there being shots fired when he may or may not have been there. I fault him for being in that neighborhood in the first place. At this point, he should know better. He. Cannot. Hang. Out. In. The. Hood. Anymore. He just can't. Well, he can. But it's gonna end up costing him his career and maybe worse.

9. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. I think that people need a second chance, and I've always looked up to Kenny Britt, and I always will.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Wait... Wtf.

When I first glanced at this, I was like "oh he's being extremely sarcastic." Now I'm not so sure.

In case you are actually serious...

Deserves a second chance??? Seriously??? He's been given like 10 chances... It's absurd. It would be like you're wife cheating on you 10 times, but you're like "it's okay, I believe in second chances." F that noise. Kenny could be a person you hang out with, assuming he's not with his retard friends who always get him into a mess, but he's not someone you should look up to. That's ridiculous.

I believe in second chances, but not thirds, fourths, fifths and so on.

If Michael Vick went back to dog fighting again do you think ANYONE would like him?

You must have been sarcastic though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar