Offseason Shows Lack of Faith in Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brew City, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

And Trent Dilfer won a SB ... what's your point?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

My point is that it's ludicrous to say, and I quote, "I would not want Eli or Flacco on my team, yea they have rings but they also aren't going to take you to the playoffs."

Frankly, I thought it was pretty obvious what my point was.

3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

For every Trent Dilfer there are 10 guys who were hyper-talented but never took their team all the way. People forget that a good amount of the football world thought Ryan Leaf would be better than Peyton Manning. Talent isn't everything.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

still a terrible thread

but I like how we iron out topics

start a thread, good or bad, we'll figure it out here

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

TWW2 made a "Locker on a short leash" thread after the Fitzy signing and the reaction has been mostly negative. The Fitzy signing shows a lack of faith in Hasselbeck as a long term solution as backup.

The team is following the development model used for Steve McNair. In McNair's early years as starter the team was sure to have a veteran backup. First Dave Krieg then Neal O'Donnell. Having the vet was seen as a good mentor for McNair plus valuable in preparing the defense in practice each week.

The Titans are simply repeating history. Replacing a veteran backup with a younger veteran backup. Just like when they replaced Dave Kreig with Neal O'Donnell. Make no mistake. McNair was always the unquestioned starter. Just like Locker is now.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I like this except for the part that Locker is unquestioned starter. Yes the job is his, but if he starts off real terrible and our playoff hopes are over then he will most likely get sent to the bench!

7. The Hammer

Will be more than start off terrible. He will need to be terrible through at least the half way point before anything happens.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yes I agree but your admitting theres a chance he could be pulled!

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and so far we've been lubing everything but Jake Locker.

10. The Hammer

There is a chance every QB not named Manning or Brady could be pulled. Do not get your hopes up too much........... Actually, come to think of it, I could see Belichick pulling Brady if things got bad enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar