Oher Released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Just Win Baby, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hey remember when a handful of us were talking about how utterly stupid this signing was?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

RT is easier than LT, that's why

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Au revoir Blindside. Best of luck to you and your parents; Miss Congeniality and Indian Outlaw.

#33 Broken Record, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Seriously, I always thought he would make a better guard. Short arms limit his ability at tackle. Wouldn't surprise me to see him move inside

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Well hopefully we cut all the trash from this team. If we can cut people based purely off of play, regardless of draft status/contract, then hopefully the other players will get the hint that you have to play well or get out.

I made a thread awhile back showing how Warmack's level of play increased shortly after Tommy boy made a comment about how no one on the OL was safe regardless of contract/draft status, and I think it is no coincidence. I feel the culture in the Titans locker room for a lot of players is 'mediocre is ok' and 'coasting is acceptable'. Hopefully this is the 1st in the line of a lot of cuts that will show players they need to be accountable for their production, or will likely be out of a job ... no better way to motivate players

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Judging by the players that got cut/traded last season.. Why would they want to stay??

Getting out seems like an ideal situation for many players on the Titans. Besides Nashville being a good place to live, and the possibility of the Titans throwing more money at you than others, what football reason is there for wanting to play for them?

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

That comment was more directed to the younger players. Yeah the older vets would probably like to get out and have more options to do so, but if you are a 2nd year player and you know nothing other than the Titans, and you just got cut from a terrible team, then I would say you are probably going to be fearful for your NFL future.

Plus if the Titans are paying them more than any other team to bring them in, then wouldn't they want to stay and keep getting paid? If you get cut from a bad team, chances are you won't get that big contract that the Titans just gave you to come here.

If you are like Pollard (old and just looking for another ring), then yeah, they would have no reason around here

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Its shortsighted to not choose TN because we're bad right now, teams change yearly and very quickly. But until we figure our our QB situation no one should want to come here ATM

9. Danimal

Danimal Starter

No Blind side here. The front office knew it was a gamble to acquire and try to turn Oher around. This escape hatch in the 20 million dollar contract is the proof that we were thinking about a one year deal. We still paid way too much for too little. Bye Bye lard A$$ !

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Well, think of it this way, then. If the average player is 24 years old, they were about 12 years old the last time the titans won a playoff game.

Lack of tradition plus lack of wins has to put us somewhere in the Cleveland/Jacksonville territory. Not to mention that there is little on the roster that leads anyone to think they'll be turning it around in the next few years. We're as good a bet for success as Cleveland or Jacksonville are. I get the feeling that players would rather play for a major market but bad Jets team, than an 8-8 titans team. (If we're good enough to even get to that next year.

Our most promising young offensive player went winless at QB last year, before getting hurt. It's pretty bleak ATM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar