ok which rookie D-lineman would you take?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Spinnaker, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

Ok since i started a thread about which rookie receiver would you prefer, i might as well start a d-line one.
    Which D-lineman would you take if you were the Titans on draft day?
    I like gaines adams but he won't be there, Adam carriker has potential i think, and that Moss dude is overlooked.

Please post your thoughts and opinions

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

could we just take the UF d-line? after seeing the National Championship I think I'd take just about anyone from that unit (Jarvis Moss is the one that's really worth a 1st rounder)

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

jamaal anderson

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I usually shy away from Tennessee players because they can be over-hyped in their home state. But if Okoye is gone as expected, I have no problem taking Justin Harrell at 19.

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I think that might be a reach for Harrell... but he probably won't be there when we pick in the second.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

At #19---Anderson, Carriker
    With trade down to later 1st---Harrell, Moss, Spencer
    2nd---Woodley, Johnson,Crowder, Abiamira
    3rd---Tyler, McBride, Moses, Alama-Francis

2nd day guy that I think will be a Titan is Keith Jackson DT from Arkansas. Washburn has a connection to the razorbacks as their old DLINE coach. Jackson is short but stout at 6'1" 300lbs. Had great production in college. Had a good combine 4.85 40yd, 33 reps of 225, and verticle of 30, and good 20 yd shuttle. I think he is being over-looked. If you watch video of Jammal Anderson you will notice that Jackson is often getting penetration forcing QBs to step to their right which is where Anderson is coming from.

other 2nd day DEs I like are Jacob Ford (central Ark State) watching film of him reminds me of Kearse with his hustle. Here is his youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyE5zZUVjOM

I also like Justin Rodgers from SMU

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

If Jamaal Anderson falls, we should have no hesitation in who we should draft. This guy could be our next freak and the fact that Washburn loves the kid will only have payoffs in his development. However, there are plenty of talent ends in this draft, so if we wanted to go CB in the first we could.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't see Harrell as a reach at #19 at all. IMO he is in the same league *** Branch and Okoye and if not for the bicep injury there would be no question. His injury, although serious is not supposed to be the kind of injury that will limit him down the road so if Anderson and Carriker are not available as well as Branch or Okoye I would think Harrell could easily be the BPA at least on the DL and well worth the pick. 5 years from now I bet Harrell will be one solid DT in this league.

9. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Okoye will be the one to have, but since he will not be availible, I would take either Anderson or Carriker.

We were last in D last year. If we get Turner, I could line up at reciever.

Defense wins games.

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

my fingers are crossed for carriker or okoye in the first round...

but since I think we will be going CB in round 1 (most likely houston or ross), I hope that Woodley is available in the 2nd round...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar