Okay, it's not Marty, but the next best thing...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Bet he can get a heck of a punter with that #1 pick.

Looks like he's all set.

3. davidc502

davidc502 Starter

Marty should be a great fit for a Fisher Coached team.... He's lovingly known as shottyball... Run left, Run Right, and pass on 3rd down, come up short, and punt.

I believe Fisherball and Shottyball, will make a great 3 and out team!! No inspiration, no imagination ==== Fisher-Shot-ball!

At least Marty won't be making an appearence here in Tennessee....

I predict many 8-8, 7-9 seasons in the Rams future. Hey, it's an improvement over the last few, so Rams fans will be happy for a while, and then when they get spoiled will send Fisher to the curb.... lol

David

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's a reason I've always called Brian Schottenheimer, Brian "Schottenheimerdinger". Mike Heimerdinger and Little Schottenheimer are so much alike in their offenses it's creepy. When we learned Dinger was ill, I immediately thought Fisher might try getting Brian Schottenheimer as his next coordinator, and look now. Saw this coming from a mile away.

Fisher is literally trying to relive 1999.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Heimerdinger was not the OC in 1999 (don't remember the guy's name, but he came from the Buccaneers I think, and he suPked - edit....just remembered - Les Steckel, and he did suPk). Dinger started in 2001 I think.

Dinger did very well with McNair, and did well with what he had to work with during his second stint here. Not sure how little Marty works out, but time will tell.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

What I was saying is that Fisher is trying to recreate those teams he had from 10+ years ago, he's not doing anything different.

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree...but I also think that Dinger's style of play works with the right talent. We had a very good offense in 2002-2004 timeframe (although in 04 we had the injury bug bad). During Dinger's second stint we did not have the right talent for his style (neither VY or KFC approached McNair, and, say what you want about CJ...he is NOT a power runner). The fact that we did not have the correct talent to match Dinger's scheme is partially on Fisher, so I will be curious to see how he handles this in St. Louis.

The Rams have a good power runner in Steven Jackson (although he has alot of mileage on him), and Bradford has potential (although I am not sold that he can hold up for a complete season in the NFL). I will be real curious to see how the Rams draft this season....will tell me alot about whether Fisher's problems here were on him or on the FO...

8. JCBRAVE

Bradford can be good if he's protected, addressing their O-Line is a MUST.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

This is such a match made in heaven LOL

Rams take Matt Kalil 2nd overall

10. JCBRAVE

^That would be a good move for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar