Olb

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by sirjesse, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Let's just draft the biggest defensive freaks round 1,2,4,5,6,7. Find a spot for them on defense, run a 4-6 and call it a day.

3. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I'm not that well versed in the 3-4. Help me understand how Morgan will adjust as an OLB. I'm a basketball, baseball, and 4-3 defense guy bc that's all my Titans/Oilers have ever been. I've always seen 3-4 def (SD, Pitt, Bmore) give us fits. I'm glad we're changing to 3-4, but I need to understand why some people say Casey will be a good DE in 3-4, who is better as OLB , and where does Brown fit in, etc.

I'm drinking Jack right know, so a good clarification of the 3-4 and who plays where will get $100 in your Titans' deposit.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The 3-4 gets more athletes on the field and disguises blitzes better.

5. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

And your OLBs tend to be bigger pass rushers. They call them tweeners, kind of small DEs or kind of big LBs. Like Wimberly. Ayers has that size and ability to be a good OLB in the 3-4. Morgan I don't know about. He's a good size DE. Not sure he can play standing up but I'm sure they'll try him out there and see what he can do.

Brown seems more of a Patrick Willis type ILB. Not saying he's anywhere near as good as PW, but he's good in coverage and physical in run support. Not necessarily a great pass rusher, but perfect for the MLB spot in a 3-4 where he would only occasionally blitz, more often just play your typical LB role.

EDIT: your 3 linemen are rushing the passer of course, but their main goal is to eat up blockers to allow your LBs to roam around and make plays. Its why you want your NT to be really big, cause he needs to get double teamed or he's not doing his job. Gives him low stats, but makes him very valuable to the team.

6. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

And my previous post is just my opinion on how I see our players fitting into the rotation. The coaches will determine their best positions before the start of the season. I don't really know enough about football to tell you anything more definite than "I think" when it comes to who fits where.

7. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I find it interesting that there was a time when virtually every team ran the 3-4 and people talked as if the 4-3 might go extinct in the pros. All of a sudden there are more teams running a 4-3. Stuff comes and goes.......then again that is a flashback to the late 80s and 90s.

8. 615nick

615nick Starter

The 2-5 d is gonna be the next thing

9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Brown is our best blitzing LB. I think using him inside would be a huge waste of his talent. He needs to get after the passer and cover not stuff the run.

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

makes sense since soon there will be only 3 o lineman and flags on qbs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar