Ole Good Merril Hoge

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Lord_Drist, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. selever2000

selever2000 Starter

Ok, fellow Titans, Here is my take on the matter. A good quarterback will throw the ball where only his receiver can make the catch. I used to play receiver and sometimes in a 3rd down situation I would tell the QB to throw it in front of me so I can at least dive for it. The QB new he could lead me enough out of reach for the DB and I knew I had to make the extra effort. VY knows through practice what his receivers can do. It is up to VY to make the throw out of danger by the DB, which he did. Was the ball catchable? Yes. Did the receiver do his job? Yes. So, VY made a great pass. I feel that VY has potential, and has grown up a lot. Let him get confidence and gain the support from his team and coaches, and he can really do some damage. The big test for this team will be against Indy. I feel we are going to take them down this time.

2. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

lol yea i found that funny to when he said it was VY's best pass in his career

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Just so there's no confusion the jump ball was not what Hoge called VY's greatest pass ever. It was the throw near the sideline. And it was a tremendously thrown ball. Also, the jump ball to Gage was VY throwing the ball to a location and he didn't purposely throw it high but he didn't underthrow it and it worked out by giving the WR a chance and Gage made the play.

4. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Also, why do VY backers care what Hoge says? He's just a talking head that has no effect on how Young or the Titans play. Besides, Wingo loves giving him hell during the highlight when Young plays well. Anyone else notice that?

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Gotta love Wingo.

6. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Yeah...pisses me off when he says it's the best pass VY has ever thrown. When people make those kind of statements, that is how you can truly judge that the person is definitely a hater.

There was a Hoge-poster on another site arguing that the fade that VY threw to Washington in the Jaguars game was the only time ever that VY had thrown a perfect fade for a TD. However, when other posters showed 5 videos of other perfectly thrown fades for tds....he never responded.

7. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Problem is... Gage isn't un-injured from this catch. He is now listed as DNP with a back issue.

I don't mind jump balls, but jump balls don't need to be to the extreme range. Most "jump ball" receivers still don't want to go to full extension cause it leaves them too open to injury. With their longer arms versus shorter DB's you can throw a jump ball a bit lower so as if the get hit in the air, it's still in the midsection rather than legs and knees.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

As it was put on JFS last night - Gage fell off the top of a building..

9. nfl gossipgirl

nfl gossipgirl Camp Fodder

Hoge is in Jeff Fisher's pocket. Jeff made a deal and Hoge began blindly going after Vince like a crackhead after a dropped rock. It's shameful and uncomfortable to the other guys on his show.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Hoge began this before Young was even drafted by the Titans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar