Omar Jacobs going to the NFL

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bobo, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I've seen Omar predicted as anywhere from a 1st to 4th rounder. He's a guy that I'd hope would be a steal if he falls to the 3rd (if we get one) or 4th.

2. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Mike Carlson, an NFL guy for Europe, put it best.

"McNabb scrambling is an elite QB. McNabb without is just good."

I totally agree with bobo on this one. I believe Omar Jacobs has equal or more upside that Vince Young. He could be a true QB steal, possibly the biggest since Brady, and I'd like to think we were the team who got that steal.

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Ive seen him play in person, and I was just not impressed. I may be wrong, but I do not see him as our Franchise QB. Just my opinion....dont get upset with me for it.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well, Omar is hardly a scrambling QB
    he only rushed for 62 yards this year
    and only 300 last year, the year he threw for 4002 yds / 41 td's

hell, Vince ran for 200 against USC in the Rose Bowl alone

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

From what I saw of Omar, he can run. He's not like a Vick runner, but probably inline with McNair's running skills. He had an excellent night passing.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

No matter who TURNS OUT to be the best QB in the draft doesn't matter. The point is if we can get Leinart or Young at #3 we will in all likelihood do it. If we get Bush, then we can consider trading up for Cutler or going after Jacobs. Chances are no other QB gets on the radar cuz we won't be needing one by then. Also, I can see 4 QBs going in round one - Leinart, Young, Cutler, Jacobs.

Teams who could take a QB -

Houston
    New Orleans
    Tennessee
    NYJ
    Baltimore
    Arizona
    Miami
    Detroit
    Washington

And I could be missing some.

7. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Why I want the Titans to take Omar and not a QB with the 1st pick is because of San Diego. They didn't take Vick, and ended up with the best all-round QB in the league, and a good QB (okay he was dissapointing for 3 years but now he's pretty good). I'd rather the Titans get the equivalant of 2 1st round picks (Omar has that upside), and get someone like AJ Hawk. Hell the PERFECT draft would be to trade down, get someone like DeAngelo Williams; get a LB AND Omar.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

how bout

DeAngelo
    Thomas Howard / Bobby Carpenter
    then Omar

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I wouldn't complain. Except I think Omar doesn't last mid-2nd with a good combine/Senior Bowl showing.

10. danny

danny Guest

He only makes it a better draft. If the Titans took him in the second after drafting an instant starter in the first I'd be happy with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar