Once Manning and Brady retire

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

What's left?
    Are there any legitimately great QBs to take the reigns, or are we seeing the end of an era of excellent QB play?

I personally think there is going to be a significant gap in QB quality once these guys finally seriously decline/retire.

Brees is very good but not even close. Big Ben is on the downslide
    Rodgers, Cutler, Wilson Dalton, Ryan all have potential but are not near that level

As much as I very much do not like Brady and Manning, I think we are witnessing the end of a great era of NFL quarterbacking, and nobody carrying the torch.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  2. nickmsmith

Luck, Wilson, Kaepernick, Newton etc. do not even come close to belonging in the conversation.

Also, Favre during his best years, was in this soon to be bygone era.

I think Goodell is trying to tilt the rules to make there "always" be a dominant QB corps in the NFL, but IMO, it isn't working.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

No one in the NFL currently will 'take the place' of those 2. Those types of QBs don't come around too often.

But I think you will see more good QBs in the NFL as a whole. We will see a lot more guys passing for 4000+ yards, and the overall QB play of the league will be better than when those 2 started ... but I don't think you will have any QBs that are just that much ahead of the rest like you do with them

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Manning is one of a kind, may never see another QB like him, be thankful we got a first hand look at possibly the greatest NFL player ever. By the time he's finished he'll have shattered all of the career passing records.

5. nickmsmith

he won't have shattered any sort of Super Bowl career passing record I'm sure. He sucks there.

Too bad we were on the wrong side of both of these great QBs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Rodgers is just as good as Manning. If I need one playoff game to win, I'm taking Rodgers over Manning any day.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. nickmsmith

no duh. But overall, Rodgers is not 1/4 the QB that Manning was/is. And I am a total Manning hater.

Manning built the Indianapolis Colts from the ground up, essentially. Rodgers has been a pretty good QB. that's about it.

• Troll Troll x 1
  8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I put Rodgers and Brees on Manning's level any day. As long as Brees is playing indoors.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  9. nickmsmith

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Rodgers is knocking on the door but he's not on Manning's level, IMO no one is, not even Brady.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar