ONE MOVIE ONLY - with rules

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

dammit, you stole my thunder

2. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Out of every movie ever filmed, iRobot is the choice??????

Have you seen other movies? Independence Day doesn't count.

"The Lost City" directed by Andy Garcia is one great flick. 1950's Cuba pre-Castro and during Revolution. Music is amazing.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Titanic - Took me someplace I could otherwise not go. You don't just watch Titanic, you experience it. It won eleven academy awards. It had the most oscar nominations in history. DiCaprio, Winslet, Paxton, and Zane all hit their mark. Musical Score was on. Visually, stunning.

4. Fry

one of the most overrated movies in the past 20 years. i was bored out of my ****ing mind.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I, robot actually tackles some very interesting themes, but most people missed them as they are not discussed in the movie because the action is the primart focus. But I agree too. It is usually in my top 20 and is underappreciated.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

If you don't explain why, then why bother.

The story could not have been written better... The juxstaposition of rich and poor, the gender roles played out unto death (women first), the stoicism and nobility of a bygone age, the magnificence of the great ship matched in scale only be the folly of the men who drove her hell-bent through the darkness. And above all the lesson: that life is uncertain, the future unknowable... the unthinkable possible.

7. Fry

it was too long. the acting in it was too over the top, especially by decaprio. the love story just was not engaging at all.

everyone says it's so great, i didn't feel a damn thing when i watched it. great movies are supposed to leave you astounded, not leave you looking at your watch thinking "my God, three hours and it isn't done yet?!"

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Raging Bull...Single most facinating character study ever captured on film IMO, and by far the most powerful piece of cinema dealing with envy, pride, jealousy, and paranoia. Like Roger Ebert said once, this is the modern Othello of our time...

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Darn you stole my thunder!:ha:

I'm with you on Titanic,when DiCaprio was in the water I kept thinking for eff's sake just die already. I expected a lot from him after watching his stunning performance in What's Eating Gilbert Grape, what a let down.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I have enjoyed his latest movies though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar