One of Mariotas Main Issue

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanNation1, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanNation1

TitanNation1 Special Teams Standout

One of the biggest issues I see with Mariota is that when the pocket starts yo collapse around him at all, he always seems to bail and run back and to the outside and never really makes a play on the run. He needs to learn to step up in the pocket and let those pass rushers run by him so if he needs he can take off up the middle. If he starts doin this it will help him with his passing and our entire offense because he will have a lot more opportunities to use his legs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm seeing way too much pressure coming up the middle leaving him no where else to go. I feel most teams take that approach so he'll stay contained.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Beat me to it

Pressure up the middle is too much to climb the pocket, he'd just walk into sacks if he did

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

I dont know If I fully agree with that. Pressure comes from different angels not just the middle, but Mariota does a bad job sensing it at times goes into the pressure more often then not. He really needs to fix that. Wilson is a master at it, I believe he has been one of the most pressured QBs in the league.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hate to break it to you but Mariota isn't Wilson, and probably never will be. Mariota is too big and stiff to pull off half of Wilsons moves..

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Ppl like to classy mariota in the same category as Wilson and Tyrod Taylor as scrambling qbs but he just isn't that. That however doesn't mean Mariota has an issue feeling pressure in the pocket. I think not making many plays outside the pocket is by design.

7. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Wilson is probably the most elusive QB in NFL history. Probably a hot take, but I haven't seen anyone like him at avoiding pressure.

It would be nice to compare Marcus to him and wish he could do that. But those are just intangibles he doesn't have.

8. TitanNation1

TitanNation1 Special Teams Standout

A lot of times mariota will leave the pocket way to early and roll out only to throw it away. He needs to step up and move around in the pocket and take off up the middle when things break down. That's not hard to do. Hell even locker and Vince could do that. Mariota just bails. He's an average game manager qb at best.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
  9. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Before you continue to talk out of your ass please show us the proof of Mariota consistently missing an opportunity to step up in the middle of the pocket to avoid pressure

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

yea, i too for some reason dislike Mariota and would also rather have a QB situation like the Broncos, Jets & Browns.

• LOL LOL x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar