One of Mariotas Main Issue

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanNation1, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

8-4!! 8-4!!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. TitanNation1

TitanNation1 Special Teams Standout

Maybe if you would take his junk out your mouth and open your eyes and watch the games you would see

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I feel like Wilson escapes trouble because he is in trouble every single play. I don't even think the Seahawks call plays. Their offense is like playing your 8 year old nephew at Madden. Wilson just runs backwards and reverses field like 6 times until everyone falls down, then throws to Baldwin.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I'm backkkkk

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Great no proof!
    Eddie-Murphy-A-Ok-Reaction.gif

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Eh, I've seen times where there is somewhere to go and he just backpeddles and then takes the sack.

Guys like Manziel and Baker Mayfield in college, and Russell Wilson and Tyrod Taylor in the NFL, make their living by forcing the inside rushers to miss and getting outside to extend the play.

Marcus really just doesn't seem to have a feel for that little hip turn and roll. I honestly cringe when he drops his eyes and looks at the rush. Very rare to see him make someone miss in that way.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

So this becomes the thread that tears down all our interior offensive lineman over talking about a valid criticism of Golden Boy Mariflota.

• Troll Troll x 1
  8. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

When its there trust he will take advantage of it.

9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I think it partly falls on coaching and half on Marcus.

I know it’s stupid to compare college to NFL, but look up his highlights and he would make pass rushers miss, buy time, be patient and try to make a play when one isn’t immediately there quite often.

I truly think this staff has programmed him to just get out, get rid of the ball and live to see another down/series.

Add in the fact that he has ended his first 2 years on IR, I think the staff knows this team ain’t **** without him and I also think Marcus doesn’t feel like ending the season on IR again himself.

Same reason why his mechanics this season is trash. He’s afraid to step into throws. He even has been throwing off his back foot with a clean pocket.

Coaching staff has him playing scared + hindering his own game to avoid injury = Marcus Mariota in the 2017-18 season.

Our coaches play not to lose instead of playing to win. So why does anyone think that doesn’t rub off on the players?

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Actually I feel our coaches never go into panic mode. They stick with the run when everyone here is clamorous for the team to go no huddle and spread down 7 points.

Marcus is who he is, he's a snap thrower, not a drive thrower, he bails backwards without ability to create improvised throws hence the increased throwaways.

Hopefully it's something he can work on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar