One thing is for certain... Locker must start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

If this team wants to have a chance early on in the season, Jake Locker HAS to be the starter....in his time last year he showed so much potential and ability to get the ball downfield....and remember, Kenny Britt never even played with him....with the Pats, Lions, Chargers, and Texans the first games of the year, we'll have to put up 28+ to have a realistic chance to win

You have to think the coaching staff realizes this too.....Hasselbeck will be another year older and just doesn't have the shoot-out ability potential that Locker has

This is one reason I think Munch will do everything in his power to allow Locker to line up against Brady in Week 1

• High Five High Five x 8
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Really? Thats for certain? I mean, because Hass wasn't getting it done early in the season?

Jake does not HAVE to be the starter for us to do well. Our best chances for success is for our running game to be back and have a healthy Britt.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah... that's not at all certain.

4. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Hopefully starting positions will be won based on the best performances in training camp and kept by performing well in games. CJ is talking like he's motivated to get back.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I wat Locker to start as much as anyone but dude has to earn it first....

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The only thing that's certain is some fans don't believe in Hasselbeck.

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Don't underestimate Hasselbeck. Remember, we'll actually have a full offseason with training camp and OTA's. It will be an interesting QB competition. If either one wins the job, we'll atleast have one of the better backups. Not alot of teams can say that.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Locker gives us the best chance at a run. We've seen what Hasselbeck can do. We haven't seen what Locker can do. Pre-season will hopefully give us a good comparison of where the two QB's are at.

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Hass is good, but that is it. He will beat the teams he is supposed to beat, and he will lose to the teams he is supposed to lose too. with Hass we will be an average - above average team. I could see him taking us anywhere between 7-10 wins. I really think Locker could put us over the top. He will have some growing pains here and there, but it will be better for us in the long run.

I agree with the OP. We will need to move the ball to stand a chance in the beginning of the season. Hass struggled moving the ball a lot last year. There is no way we can beat the Patriots if we go through the entire 1st half w/ only 1 or 2 1st downs, something Hass managed to do multiple times last year. Will Locker be able to move the ball? I don't know, time will tell, but there is much more evidence pointing to Hass not being able to.

KB and CJ will have to be on top of their game no matter who starts though.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If Hasselbeck had any help at all from Mr. Johnson last year, fans would be willing to let him have another swing at it.

I love Locker, dude will be great, but I'm also cool with giving Hasselbeck the ball.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar